Chapter 10

"Sorry, chef. "

Plawan replied not knowing what to answer. He didn't want to be the center of anyone's attention because he was worried about making a mistake, especially with this cold chef named Chef Aob. The person had sharp eyes which seemed to be looking for something wrong. Plawan wanted to move away but he stared at the hand holding his wrist. The chef's hands were big and rough. He didn't know how long the man had been holding the spatula.

"So, what's up? "

His eyes glanced at other people in the kitchen. Everyone pretended like everything was normal. Some were cutting vegetables, preparing things, picking up equipments and whatever. But they secretly squinted their eyes to look at it from time to time. Maybe they are wondering,will he be fired? Hoping to eliminate indirect competitors.

"My wrists hurt a little chef. "

"What's wrong. "

The person in front of him refused to change the subject, stared intently and continued asking questions until he was satisfied, while his hand was still holding Plawan's wrist as before. If the answer was not satisfactory, he would squeeze his wrists as punishment. So he was forced to tell the truth. Plawan talked  about how he worked out until his wrists hurt so badly that he had to stop doing streneous activities and stop using his wrists so hard.

"Why didn't you tell me first?  If your condition is like this, how can you handle kitchen work? You have to lift things and chop vegetables right, that will definitely make your wrists work  hard. "

I'm devastated!!! Is answering everything honestly the right or wrong thing? Will I be fired? But when applying there were no illness conditions. I'm here to cook,not get health insurance.

"Actually, I can handle it chef. I stretch my muscles every morning and before bed. Every time I go to the kitchen, I compress them in warm water. But earlier, I must have lifted them in the wrong position so it hurt a little. "

Plawan was about to raise his  hand to apologize, but the other party was still holding his hand, so he couldn't raise it. This is really crazy. If I had to buy fresh fruit in the stall, holding it for this long, it would be ruined.

"I promise this won't happen again, chef."

The person in front of him shook his head in disdain and let go of his hand. He then spoke as if he hadn't understood.

What?

"The problem isn't whether you get hurt or not. But the problem is how do you work in a way that reduces the pain as little as possible? Otherwise, you could get hurt? If you get hurt, you have to tell me so I can solve the problem,so don't just keep quiet and keep it in your heart. I don't like it! If you have something to say, tell me directly so we can find a solution. You don't have to promise that it won't hurt. You can't lie and refuse to tell me!"

He lowered his head and looked away. How did he know I was planning to hide it?

"You are now under my supervision, I have to take care of you. Do you understand?"

His heart was pounding strangely. It must be the freshly picked basil in the corner of the kitchen. He was hungry, so hungry that his stomach rumbled. The young man looked up. Someone who called himself a supervisor was looking at him. He didn't have to react like he was nice, because he didn't seem like a good person.

"You don't have to work this afternoon. Bring some ice and cool it down. "

"Krap chef. "

He turned out to be nice too.The brutal chef let him go and even gave him 3 days of sick leave. Plawan was extremely happy because there was a new film that had just been released in theaters and he thought he would go see it.

"While compressing, take a chair and sit and observe while I work.This can be considered learning too. Once finished summarize the knowledge you've gained on how to prepare food. "

SHIAAA!!! I want to say something harsh!

Plawan regretted his thoughts of secretly admiring him even for less than a minute. He thought he would get three whole days of rest without coming to the restaurant, but it turned out that wasn't what he had in mind. The annoying man sent him off to get some cold compress from the employee fridge. On the way back,he met Kluea who looked surprised to see him applying the gel. They were separated and couldn't talk  because they were both receiving customers.

Plawan waved his hand to indicate that there was nothing. He pursed his lips and said 'I will tell you about this later tonight' before they said their goodbyes and parted ways to continue working. When I opened the kitchen, I saw the usual solemn and serious atmosphere. Each assistant responding with the same rhythm when given orders,with Chef Aob taking care of everything like a king.

"Sit here, Khun. "He said.

He didn't mean to tell him where he was sitting. He just compressed his hand and looked at the chef indifferently. The pain in his wrist seemed to have disappeared. In fact, it doesn't hurt that much, it only hurt when he moved it hard.

"Please give me gold spray. "

"Yes, chef. "

Almost simultaneous shouts of response were heard from the group of assistants. However there was only one person closest to him who ran to  get it. His stomach began to growl loudly while watching every move. He always couldn't resist the smell of basil which was fragrant, so enticing, so fragrant that his mouth watered.

"I'd like olive oil, please."

"Yes, chef."

Chef Aob's menu today is crispy fried chicken with basil. Stir fried crispy basil chicken is not stir fried like basil crispy chicken. However the chicken is fried until crispy and served with basil sauce on the side. The man was skilled in everything. It was as if every part in this kitchen was a part of his own body.

Plawan sat happily looking at the sight in front of him.

The chicken that Chef Aob is a 90 day old chicken. Usually the chickens that are commonly used in the food industry of chickens that are raised for 45 days because that is the period  they are kept because that is the one that has the greatest value. However, the chef  uses chicken that is raised  for 90 days from farms he has special contract with to get chicken that are extra tender and delicious.

Having said that, his stomach began to growl.

Other trainees peeled the flesh and skin until the thigh bones are visible and clean. Only the flesh remains to be cleaned and dried before being tossed in flour and fried until golden brown. Then it is set aside to cook a little more until it is darker in colour. After that the chicken is removed and put on a plate then sprinkled with basil sauce that has been boiled until thick so that it looks shiny and delicious.

I am very hungry

Plawan noticed and rubbed his stomach. He couldn't imagine what knowledge he will gain. Chef Aob continues cooking various menus which will be served at the restaurant. The menu at this restaurant changes very much,but not completely. The menu alternates back and forth so that regular customers don't find it repetitive and boring.

"How are you."

Before I knew it was past 1:00 p.m. The last dish was being brought out of the kitchen. Chef Aob himself proceeded to introduce the main dishes directly as usual, until they were returned in sequence. Plawan was still sitting in the same place. He was afraid that if he moved or went back to his room, someone would complain about him.

"Better now, chef. "

"You can go rest in your room this afternoon. In the evening you can come down to help take orders and serve customers in front of the shop. You don't need to serve, just manage the queue and answer customer emails instead. "

"Yes chef."

He nodded. Chef Aob apparently cares about people in his restaurant, even though he doesn't express it much. Plawan looked at the other person who walked out of the kitchen until he disappeared from sight.

Can you continue to be gentle like this, annoying bastard.