CHAPTER 2: FEARNOT ACADEMY

Yunjin's POV

"Woah." I whispered, what type of base is this? It's a freaking school. As we got out, I saw how huge this place is, it's 2x bigger than our college! And it seems to be.. in the middle of nowhere? Amazing. We were walking to the entrance until I stopped, which made the others pause confusedly and turn towards me. "Yunjin, what's wrong?" Sakura asked, I opened my mouth but no words came out, it was just pure silence.

"I- uh.." I broke the silence, still trying to formulate an answer, "Yunjin, it's fine, there's nothing to be afraid of."  Chaewon gave me a reassured smile, in response, I just nodded and continued on our walk.

By the time we reached the entrance, a man seemed to be waiting for us, "ah girls, you're back. So? Who's the new girl?" He asked, probably asking about me. "Oh, this is Huh Yunjin professor Cho, Yunjin, this is our professor, Cho Minkyung." Eunchae said, I bowed at a 90 degree angle.. which isn't really necessary.

After a quick introduction to the teachers and workers here, all of them excitedly dragged me to their dorm. "So Yunjin, this is our dorm, and the place you'll be living from now on!" Kazuha showed me the room, and woah.. again, this isn't a typical dorm, it's a literal lab!

"Uh guys.. you sure we're in the right place?" I asked them, maybe they entered the wrong room of sorts, "Nope! This is our dorm." Sakura answered, then continued, "I think it's time we should tell." Her calm tone turning serious.

"So you see, this isn't like any academy, Yunjin.." Chaewon said.

5 years ago, a team of research scientists has been investigating this ongoing case, 2 of the founders, Mr. Park Hoon and Mr. Choi Seunghan went to the border of Korea to just test out some lab results, which ended up ina total mess, it was stated a strange creature or phenomenon attacked the two, it wasn't aliens or something, it was indescribable. At the end, Mr. Park Hoon managed to escape and survived, whilst Mr. Choi Seunghan just disappeared.

Due to that, Park Hoon made a fake academy, known as 'FEARNOT ACADEMY' which students can join and train to work and help solve this unexplainable mystery.

"And that's the story." Chaewon finished, I could not believe what I just heard, all I could do was just nod.

"S..so I'm here because..?" I stumbled on my words, "you're here because you, Huh Yunjin, are the final member of LE SSERAFIM." She held up a pin of some sort, pointing it at my direction, confused, I look at her, using my eyes to communicate. She nodded and that was her approval to get the pin. My shaking hands slowly reached up to the pin, nervously taking it.

As I held it in the palm of my hands, something washed over me, it wasn't the sense of nervousness or fear, but confidence and new responsibilities, I saw the others also wearing the pin on the right side of their chest, so I did the same. At that right moment, Chaewon said the magic words.

"Yunjin, be my comra- ra-.." She stumbled on her words, which made us chuckle a bit,