Catch me if you can, working on my tan

Music: Salvatore☀️, Lana Del Rey

The Grecian sun was brighter than she was used to, but it was a welcome change.
Lorelei felt at peace with herself looking out across the miles of turquoise water. The narrow stone streets gave way to picturesque old houses, and the locals were very kind.
It was truly beautiful here.

But nevermind that, she had more important things to think about.

After a few days of planning and research on Mr Angellini, Lorelei had finally pin pointed his location.
And if Duncan was any good at his job he'd know tonight was the night to take the man out.

Tonight the Angellini clan was holding a charity Gala, every major crime family would send representatives. It was a huge deal, millions of dollars were donated.

Though it would have tight security, the crowds would give an assassin many chances to get close enough to finish the job.
Whether it was slipping something into a drink, or catching them in a bathroom it would be easy to slip out undetected through the crowd.

That's not to say it wasn't still high risk. Being caught would be an immediate death sentence. A slow and painful one at that.

As the night approached Lorelei got ready for the event.
To get past security she just needed to look the part, and steal someone's invitation. Easy

She chose a burgundy silk dress, it had a plunging neckline and an open back.
A little scandalous for a gala, but it was all part of the plan.
She applied a dark lipstick and some eye makeup and she was ready to go.

She headed down to the cathedral the event was being held at, how ironic.
A bunch of gangsters getting shit faced throwing money around in a church.

She found an old man smoking a cigarette in the alley beside the event, he looked nicely dressed he must've been attending. She talked to him for awhile, buttering him up, and talking about how her daddy never loved her.
That one always worked.

And when he got too close she reached around him into his pockets.
He smiled, gross.
But it had to be done.

She fished out a ticket, pretended to check the time and told him she was in a rush.

Invitation in hand she headed to the doors, getting in without a second thought from security.

The event was lavishly decorated, with red roses and ice sculptures adorning each table, and a big slab of marble for a dance floor? Did they f#cking cart that thing in here? No matter, the logistics of the dancefloor were not important.

She scanned the room casually grabbing a glass of champagne from a waiter.
Her eyes stopped on one of the security guards in the corner.

Immediately she recognized him. That mustache the greying hair. He was wearing a black bodyguard uniform and dark sunglasses.

This time upon seeing him she didn't freeze up, and she didn't feel afraid. She just felt angry and vengeful. She wanted nothing more than to shoot him right here and now.
It was unlike her to stray from her plan, but she started making her way through the crowd towards him. Weaving about so it wasn't obvious. She was acting on impulse, against her better judgement.

Her blood was boiling, her heart beating like a war drum. Her hand began to tighten around her champagne glass.

It broke in her hands causing glass to cut her hand and scatter around the floor. Lorelei you f#cking idiot, she scolded herself.

A couple people just stared. Her violent anger was interrupted with pure embarrassment.

She went to pick up the glass, not really worrying about her bleeding hand. When suddenly someone grabbed her wrist before she could do so.
She looked up to see Duncan standing over her, holding her arm.

"Miss please allow me." He says cordially

She pulled her hand away from him, a little too quickly.

"Thank you." She said roughly

He took note of her tone but didn't seem to mind, he probably assumed she was some spoiled Mafia royalty.

He finished putting the glass into a bag, and turned to her once again.

"Miss would you mind coming to the back to take care of that?" He said motioning to her bleeding hand.

"NO! I mean no thank you, I'll be just fine." She said closing her hand, she winced a little as she felt some glass shards still in it.

Duncan turned his head a little, curious as to why she was being this difficult. Even for a spoiled rich girl, he thought to himself.

"I must insist." He said putting his hand on her shoulder softly.

Why was he doing this? She knew damn well he wasn't actually a bodyguard, so why was he bothering to try and help her at all? He must really be in character.

He caught her rolling her eyes and thinking to herself.
Her hand was still bleeding, and she didn't even seem bothered by it?
That was certainly unusual.

"Come with me, please?" He said more genuinely this time.

She just nodded, clearly he wasn't giving her a choice. The more she refused the more suspicious she seemed anyway.

This really wasn't going to plan at all, what a bloody nightmare.

(AN: Let me know if you'd rather I continue my other fic. I'm enjoying writing this one, but I live for the applause.)

    (The SCANDALOUS dress in question)