5.Relationships

Since Jax left, Giselle hasn't been up to much

Since Jax left, Giselle hasn't been up to much. She's just bored out of her mind. She's been sitting in that chair for what feels like an eternity, twiddling her thumbs, watching people shuffle back and forth, until she hears this familiar voice calling out  "GIGI!" She snaps up, looking behind her. "No way, Happy?!" She bolts over, wrapping her arms around him, and without missing a beat, he envelops her in a tight hug.

Now, Happy Lowman ain't exactly the touchy-feely type, but he's always made an exception for Giselle. "What brings you to Charming?" her old buddy asks. "I've decided to shake things up a bit, plus you know my old man's around here," she tells him, and he nods, stoked to reunite with his former work partner and friend after almost a year.

See, Happy Lowman and Giselle Telford worked together for a couple of months when she was out in Chicago for a job and crossed paths with Happy. They hit it off pretty well, probably 'cause their line of work involved, well, taking care of business. So, they bonded right off the bat. And after those months side by side, they kept in touch, sharing everything.

Happy knows everything about Giselle, and vice versa.

"So, how's Charming treating you?" she grins, motioning for him to follow her to the back at the booth "So far, so good, though this little voice keeps reminding me it's not the safest haven if I wanna steer clear of violence," the man nods understanding her "So, I'm guessing they don't know anything..." she looks at him for a moment before shifting her gaze away. "No, and it's gotta stay that way," she says, pleading with her eyes, and luckily, Happy gets it. "Don't worry, lips are sealed," Giselle sighs, giving him a small smile. "I know you ain't big on keeping secrets from your brothers, but..."

"For you, I'll make an exception." That brings a huge grin to Giselle's face, enough for her to hug Happy again. "You have no idea how much I missed having a face-to-face chat with you," he chuckles, breaking the hug. "Same here."

Meanwhile, in the distance, Jax is making his way over to the booth, unable to ignore the closeness between Giselle and Happy.

Questions start swirling in his head: What's Happy doing here? How the hell does he know Giselle? And why are they so close? And most importantly, why the hell is he feeling this surge of jealousy?

"Didn't expect to see you swing by, brother," he says to Happy, hugging him. "Had some free time, so thought I'd drop in."

"I see you've met Giselle," Jax remarks, slinging an arm around Giselle, pulling her close. "Yeah, she was just telling me about her dad. Never knew Chibs had kids," Happy replies.

"Yeah, it was a surprise to everyone," Giselle chimes in, clearing her throat, trying to ignore the tension building around them. "Anyway, I'm gonna head to the club, say hi to the others before I head out."

"So soon," Giselle blurts out suddenly, not even realizing it. She immediately looks at Jax, noticing his confused expression, and tries to smooth things over. "I mean, I guess the guys would want you around a bit longer...well, I've had my fair share of bonding with them...now it's your turn...I guess," she says, flustered, trying to make some sense.