12.Pleasure

So, that morning Giselle knew she was gonna bump into Tara

So, that morning Giselle knew she was gonna bump into Tara. She tried to leave her room as late as possible without being late for work.

She got ready super fast, sneaking around to avoid getting noticed as she approached the kitchen

She got ready super fast, sneaking around to avoid getting noticed as she approached the kitchen. She peeked in slowly, just her head, to see if anyone was there. Suddenly, someone popped out from behind. "She's gone," said the person. Giselle spun around in a split second, clutching her heart. "Geez, Gemma! You scared the crap out of me!"

Gemma chuckled, shaking her head and dragging her into the kitchen, making her coffee. "You're such an idiot," she said, and Giselle rolled her eyes, sitting on the counter. "I know," she sighed "Oh, you know...so why the fuck are you standing there watching while that doctor fucks him?"

"Gemma, I am not talking about Jax this morning." Gemma glares at her as she handed her the coffee. "You're gonna lose him completely, don't say I didn't warn you," she said before leaving Giselle alone in the kitchen with her thoughts.

"I've already lost him," she whispered to herself, finishing her coffee before heading to the bar, still hearing Gemma's words in her head.

****

Giselle's at work, super focused on her tasks, when the bell over the door jingles, signaling a new customer. She glances up and sees Frank, the guy who helped her out with a loan. In return, Giselle gives him detailed predictions on fight club matches, thanks to her experience and gut instincts.

"Hey, Giselle," Frank greets, leaning casually against the counter. "How's your morning going?" He talks like they've known each other for years, and even though it throws her off a bit, she decides to match his tone "Busy as usual," she replies with a playful smile. "And you? Here for a tattoo?"

He shakes his head "Morning inspiration," Frank jokes. "And also, thought I'd invite you to lunch. What do you say?" He asks straight up, no beating around the bush. She likes that about him... his directness.

Giselle hesitates for a moment, Jax's face immediately popping into her mind. But she has no right to think about him; she pushed him away out of fear of a new relationship. And now he's back with Tara. She sighs lightly, then looks at Frank with a more relaxed smile.