Chapter 3

*Author's Note: hello again you guys. If you forget, Brayden is Bugs and Dominic is Daffy. Enjoy 😊

Later on, back at the CBB (commonwealth business) bank, many cops surround the building as Dominic and Tina begin to question the workers, including a front desk lady who seemed to be really close with the said named victim, Wallace Terry.

"We're sorry to say this ma'am, but I'm afraid Wallace Terry has been found murdered, this morning." Tina informed the woman, who was shocked beyond all belief.

"Oh my goodness, the poor thing. His wife would have a heart attack if she knew what happened to him. Did anyone tell her of the news, yet?" The woman asked, curiously.

"We have cops driving over to her house right now. Do you know if he had any enemies or someone in particular who was out to get him?" Dominic asked, curiously.

"No, he had nothing like that at all. He was a good man. A hard worker, and a friend. He was very much dedicated to his work." The woman informed, openly.

"Well if that was the case, then we may have reason to believe that he might have been targeted for money. Possibly a robbery in the process went on before the killer changed plans and killed him nearby the property." Tina suggested.

"What?! But if that was true, then we will have to check the cameras and the vault itself to see if they already got to our storage unit. But I'm afraid no one in here has the key code for that." The lady expressed, shaking her head.

"That's alright. We can get some professionals to come over examine the vault. But they'll have to force it open." Dominic suggested.

"Oh my, that sounds a little too extreme. Are you sure that there's nothing else you can do?" The woman asked in a panic, due to the fact that the insurance of the company could give them a hefty fine for the damages done to the vault.

"I'm afraid not ma'am. From what I'm looking at, you have steel gates with advanced technology that will not only seal the door shut, but can also lock its possessions inside with armed security. If we were ever to hack into it, the vault could be compromised along with the remaining money inside. So, safest way to protect everyone's money is to have the gates opened carefully by specialists. And when we're done looking through it, we can shut it back in place until one of your guys can install a new system to the vault wall." Captain Gomez explained to her, in case they need clearance to operate such a task.

"I guess, you're right. You guys do what you have to, then." The woman said with an exhausted sigh before Captain Gomez grabs ahold of his phone and sets up with a unit to have them drive over to the property.

While Dominic and Tina walked outside the building and waited for further assistance.

————————————————————————

But of course, with time moving by so slow, Tina couldn't help but to get up on her feet and make an errand run to keep herself busy.

"Man, this is going take forever. At this rate, I might as well grab me some lunch before I starve to death. So, I'll drop by a deli shop and pick me up a sandwich. Do you want anything?" Tina offered.

"That depends. Are you paying?" Dominic asked, rhetorically.

"Ha! Are you kidding? I still have 'beer taps' that I need to cover over at that junker bar. Remember?" Tina reminded him with a laugh.

"You don't pay for those either. So if didn't want to pay, you could have just said so." Dominic said with a 'really?' look on his face.

"Relax Dom, I'll get you one, too. But that's only because you're my friend." Tina said with a wink.