Chapter 6

*Author's Note: hi everyone, another chapter awaits us! If you forget, Brayden is Bugs, Dominic is Daffy, and Pedro is Porky. Enjoy. 😊

When Dominic got home, he unlocked the door and immediately flopped onto the couch in an instant.

As Brayden, who heard him come in, walked over to check on him.

"Hey, Dom. Are you okay? Has work been tough on you?" Brayden asked, in concern.

"Oh yeah, I'm doing just fantastic. And the best part is, I almost got myself fired today. isn't that wonderful?" Dominic spoke sarcastically before grabbing the remote from the floor and turned on some television.

"Why? What happened?" Brayden asked in concern.

"Don't worry about it. I can handle my own problems." Dominic said wavering him off as Brayden, who felt annoyed from his response, immediately swipes the remote from his hands and turns off the T.V in an instant so that he can get his attention.

"No, you are not avoiding this conversation. I want you to tell me right now what happened out there?" Brayden demanded.

"Sigh fine.....I almost got shot today because my stupid, impulsive self thought that it was okay to go after a criminal alone. And if it wasn't for the bystander that was hanging around in the street....I would've died. When the Captain found out about the incident, he got mad and warned me that I could get suspended, if I do it again. There are you happy?" Dominic informed to him, simply.

Not noticing that Brayden remained frozen, with face darkened in silence.

Probably because of the small fact that if he hadn't been out there watching over him, things would have ended a lot worse.

"....Dom...do you want me to be honest with you?" Brayden asked rhetorically in a tone so low that even Dominic was surprised by his reaction before looking over at him, face to face.

"I hate that you're working for a dangerous job. In fact, I would much rather you be a mall worker or even a grocery clerk than having to deal with a lot of targets hanging on your back from a lousy bunch of crooks who think that they can just hurt people." Brayden spoke angrily, clenching his fists in irritation.

Which was now starting to concern Dominic, who then sat upright and tried to explain to him, why he became a cop in the first place.

"Brayden, when I chose this field to help other people, I signed up for the amount of risks that I'll be taking. Despite the fact that I may not be brave enough to face all of the harsh realities of crime, I decided to give it a chance anyways, because that was my choice. I know you mean well but that doesn't make it fair for you to...." Dominic attempted to defend before he was cut off completely.

"Dom....I know it seems like we haven't been real close lately, but no matter how much time had passed by every single day, it still doesn't change the fact that I care about you....I just wish that I didn't make things so complicated. Maybe then we could have been....sigh. Sorry, you're right. I shouldn't be the one to judge your actions when mine haven't been clearly keen either.....Goodnight." Brayden spoke softly, rubbing his neck roughly before walking up the staircase.

Leaving Dominic shockingly baffled by sudden his comment while watching his best friend head towards his room.

I don't get it.

Why weren't you honest with me before?

Why....do I get the feeling that you are hiding so much from me?

Dominic thought before laying back down on the couch, hugging a pillow around his arms.

He is completely stumped by the fact that Brayden was building up this wall around his heart.