Part 5

There is always calmness before a storm, it always gives you a false perspective that everything is now settled and lets you drop your amour. Shantivan felt like a silent sea for a moment to Kushi, she was finally falling in a place but, there is no sea without a sea monster, isnt it?

"You seem happy kushi, and I am at peace seeing it. Maybe the decision to marry isnt that bad ", commented Payal while cutting onion.

Kushi face went from happy to thinking. "Jiji, Did you think that I made a wrong decision in marrying Arnav ji?", questioned a self doubted kushi.

A much surprised Payal looked at her sister and said, "I though so, every time he was involved ,I have seen you broken, But today I feel I might be wrong about him, and i really hope i was wrong, because I want the best for my sister", Kushi hugged Payal.

"Kushi ji, you didn't tell me that you had a boy cut an entire year in school",NK showed a photo of Kushi making her go crazy.

"NK ji, give me that now please. NK ji wait wait", kushi ran behind NK like crazy old times. Seeing Kushi being herself after a long time brought smile in Payal's face.

"You cant run beyond this point NK ji, I will throw this glass of water on you", warned Kushi at NK. But NK was not ready to give in, he tried running away from Kushi. Kushi threw the water at NK who moved at the right moment making the water spatter on an old lady.

Shantivan was awakened. Kushi stood in the centre of hall surrounded by the entire family.

"Dadi ji, why are you all wet?, I'll get you a towel", Anjali inquired with concern.

"Subadthra, is everything all right? You are suddenly here. If you told us, we would sent you a car", a concerned Nani ji asked.

"You couldn't even send an invite for my own grandson's wedding and you speak of sending cars", Dadi threw fireballs back.

"But before everything, I want to do something. Show someone her the place. Fire this maid right away, I dont want to see her face", pointed Dadi at Kushi.

Kushi's eyes budged open, not because Dadi called her maid but because she wanted her thrown out of the house.

"She wont leave the house because you Fired, even I couldn't do it in the past", as usual manorama added fuel to the fire.

"Dadi Ji, Kushi ji is chotte's wife, and she is a really good person, we all love her", asserted Anjali.

"This one is my grand son's wife? Good that you didn't call me to that wedding. He has stooped low in taste", rebuked Dadi.

"Hello Hi bye bye, if it makes you feel any better, we also didn't get invites. Elope and married",added Manorama.

A terrified Kushi was already thinking about her stay options, she had eliminated Shantivan, Laxmi nagar house, that leaves her with Happy Ji's garage.

"I won't accept her as my Daughter-in-law, not even as my maid", concluded Dadi clouded by anger.

"No one is asking you to accept anything Dadi ji, she is my wife.", came a voice behind the doors.

Arnav walked in with his usual ASR style.

"Dont take Chotte's words seriously, you know him right.Please come with me", Anjali took here Dadi inside.

Kushi was still terrified, Dadi's eyes were still accusing Kushi.

ARSHI ROOM

"What are you doing here Arnav ji? , Isnt your flight at 11?", enquired Kushi. Arnav was astonished with his wife's reaction.