Chapter 14: Keep Pushing Forward

You and Jessie are having your Pokémon train along with Mewtwo's own Pokémon.

Jessie: "Am I the only one feeling anxious?"

"No, everyone is."

Mewtwo landed in front of you two.

Mewtwo: "We need to prepare for the battle that lies ahead of us. Everyone must be on guard, otherwise our enemy will have the advantage."

"We're with you on that," you said. "It's just before now, I prayed that we have plenty of time, but now."

Jessie: "Now everything feels uncertain. We get that either we fight or lose, but I can't stop the feeling that it will be very difficult. As I said before, Giovanni will bring everything he's got to capture you and destroy this place. And knowing Black Tulip, she's gonna enjoy leaving no survivors."

Mewtwo: "Understandable, but you two still stand by our side."

Jessie: "Well, I want to know what it's like to do some good for a change instead of stealing all the time."

Mewtwo: "I sense a more personal reason for this."

Jessie: "Nothing I didn't tell you before. As I said, I like this guy."

Mewtwo: "I can sense how you've grown from enemies on fine terms to forming a proper bomb."

"Well, Jessie is just as tenacious as me, Ash, and the others," you said.

Jessie: "For better or worse, it's the stubborn ones in this world that last in this world."

Mewtwo chuckled a little.

Mewtwo: "I think my sibling would agree with that. I need to check on the defenses you two were helping set up, then maybe we can all have a night to relax for a bit."

Mewtwo flew away while you and Jessie finish up training your Pokémon. Jessie then took you to the area where Mewtwo and his Pokémon have stored the equipment they salvaged from the crashed aircraft.

"I still can't believe Mewtwo had everyone around the mountain forget about the aircraft."

Jessie: "Seriously. And he had to work fast to take apart this thing and bring it up the mountain. Then again, it gave us our defenses."

She then lead you to a bunch of crates and opened one to reveal it has several weapons stored in it.

"Guns?"

Jessie: "I wonder if the aircraft was for when Giovanni found Mewtwo. It had enough armaments to take on an army."

"I hope we don't have to resort to these when the time comes. I'm saying I won't, but I really don't want it to come down to this."

Jessie: "Well, we better give it our all if we don't."

She grabbed a tarp and covered the crates, then you and her went back to the Pokémon and saw that they have decided to have a small dinner party to relax a bit. Your Pokémon came with some food and they eat as you saw everyone having fun and smiling.

Jessie is amazed at the sight of this and wondered about something. She then went out to the lake and began to wonder about something.

"What's on your mind?" you asked her, stepping out of the party.

Jessie: "I said that I think maybe I could be a bit more than just a thief. But do you think that?"

"It's never too late to try doing what's right. It's just some people refuse to do so, but I don't think you're one of those people."

Jessie: "You really are something, aren't ya?"

"I could say the same for you. But hey, better to keep pushing forward."

Jessie leaned in and gave you a small kiss before looking away. You blushed deeply and was left speechless.

Jessie: "We better get some rest while we still can."

"R-right."

You and Jessie went back into the mountain to rest up before the battle.