Tears of Agony

"All extremes of feeling are allied with madness"

Age
Anjali - 12 years , Arnav -9 years , Akash -8 years

Anjali was applying ointment on Arnav's hand which was burnt due to hot water.

"Chote , why don't you listen to me han? , didn't I ask you to be careful. You always run here and there , you already know I can't see you getting hurt and still you act like this" Her tears were unstoppable.

"Chot Arnav bitwa ko laga hai aur dard Anjali bitiya ko hori hai , Humari bitiya bahot zyada pyar karti hai apne Bhai se" Manohar said

"Arnav got hurt and Anjali is in pain , she loves her brother alot"

Arnav wiped her tears with his little fingers " Di , relax. I'm okay see , kuch nhi hua . I and Akash were playing and the hot water accidently fell on my hand, please don't cry "

She saw Akash angrily who was busy reading a comic sitting on armchair.

"Akash , did you ask sorry to my chote?"

"Why should I ask sorry Di , I didn't do anything , it was accident " he said without taking his eye from the book.

"Di , Akash is right , it's not his fault"

She continued giving death glare to Akash ignoring Arnav " what if it happened to you Akash , will you be able to bear this pain? When you both were playing, it's your fault too"

Akash looked up at Anjali and sticked his tongue out.

"Don't talk to your elder sister like that Akash , she is right , ask Sorry" Manohar said in a stern voice .

"Okay fine , sorry Maharaj , aur koi hukum?" Akash said dramatically bowing.

Arnav and others laughed at Akash's silliness but one person was still angry.

After 2-3 months of that incident , Akash burned his shoulder pretty badly. No one knew what happened. He was playing hide and seek with Arnav and other kids. He hid behind the compund and the hot water spilled on his shoulders suddenly. Who spilled it from other side of compund was left as mystery no one would solve.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's POV

Devyani Singh Raizada, sat infront of Devi mayya's ideal in Ashram. Morning's Fiasco has shattered everyone. Anjali fell unconscious as soon as Shyam stated he did not love her. Arnav beat Shyam untill he was knocked out of conciousness. Aman stopped him and handed over Shyam to police who had arrived by then.

"Why Devi mayya? Why all this is happening with my family ? Did we lack in our devotion for you in any way? My child , my Anjali bitiya , she has suffered alot in her life. Why are you testing her again?"

Deep down she knew her only fear which was buried all these years was coming true.

"No this can't be true, Ratna's illness has died with her , Anjali bitiya cannot possibly have inherited it. She ... She is such a sweet , innocent women. Shyam is lying... , Devi mayya please protect my child" she begged infront of ideal with tears.

"Devyani ji , Acharya ji will meet you now , please follow me" the old disciple of Shri Shravana Acharya said.

The Acharya ji sat under the old peepal tree. The ohm mantra can be heard by few disciples in background. Acharya ji's eyes were closed . His face held a very calm demeanor.The atmosphere felt divine.