Prologue

Hello there! Thank you for giving this book a chance! This is my first ever Wattpad book! Important notice: The book Wings of Fire is not mine, it belongs to an amazing author called Tui T Sutherland. The events of this book happen about 2-3 years after the events of book 15. I hope you enjoy this fanfiction!

Grasshopper was a dragon who lived in the past. She held grudges, overanalyzed her day, and found it hard to let things go.

Awful things she had done, to be specific.

Grasshopper had been a soldier in Queen Wasp's army for a decade before the dragons from the Distant Kingdoms had freed the HiveWings and SilkWings from Wasp's mind control.  After Queen Wasp had been imprisoned in her own flamesilk cavern with her sisters, it had become complete chaos in the Hivewing tribe. Queen Jewel became the ruler of the HiveWings, which only the dragons from Jewel Hive were happy about. Almost all of Queen Wasp's prisoners had been freed, leaving many having to find jobs and homes again.

Sure, lots of HiveWings were happy for the SilkWings starting their council of rulers, but there were still a few HiveWings who weren't cheering every time they had to cook or clean.

Grasshopper hadn't felt strongly either way about the SilkWings' new freedom. Honestly, she hadn't thought much about them on a day-to-day basis. She didn't have SilkWing servants or buy silk tapestries much. She lived quite modestly if she said so herself.

That was one of the reasons it was so easy to pack up her life in Pantala, say goodbye to her few friends and family, and get the heck outta there. Ever since the Pyrhian dragons came to Pantala, they had started working with the Pantalan dragons to make a bridge between islands to help influence cross-continent communication. Grasshopper was no Clearsight, but she was able to get to the Distant Kingdoms only nearly drowning once.

Standing at the edge of the Ice Kingdom, Grasshopper promised herself that she would never go back to Pantala. She would start a family, get a job, and finally, just finally she would be able to live in peace.

No one will ever have to know...Grasshopper thought to herself before spreading her wings and flying to the rainforest.