Ch 1|| Mud Pies and Butterflies

If you're here, you've probably read the first chapter. So, welcome back! Note: a 2-year-old. dragonet in this story would be around 10 years old. (This is my art)

Dragonfly always wondered if he was part MudWing. He knew that was stupid. He was already a HiveWing/RainWing hybrid but.......mud.

Mud was awesome. Every day, Dragonfly would wake up, say hello to his parents, and then scamper outside to make mud pies with Peacemaker, a fellow Rainwing hybrid. Peacemaker was about the same age as Dragonfly, and the two stuck together like flies and rotting fruit. (Dragonfly hoped he wasn't the rotting fruit.)

One day, while Dragonfly was playing by himself (Peacemaker's mother, Hope, had taken him to the doctor with much whining) Dragonfly strayed a little too far from the RainWing Village and into the NighWing Village. Dragonfly had been chasing a butterfly and hadn't noticed his surroundings. As soon as he realized where he was, he became worried.

It wasn't that Dragonfly's parents mistrusted NightWings. Really, they were just wary about some of the older NightWings that had been involved with the experimenting. Dragonfly's father, Mandarin, had been one of the captured RainWings and Dragonfly knew Mandarin thought about it daily. He would often find him sitting inside their hut, crying to himself or waking up during the night from his nightmares. Mandarin was usually a quiet, thoughtful, and well-put-together dragon, and his loving dragonet and mate were helping him recover.

This didn't make Dragonfly hate the NightWings, or most of them anyway. He knew very much for a little dragon and knew the NightWings had been following some deranged rulers who were all dead now. Still, it gave him shivers to accidentally land smack in the middle of their village in between the claws of a NightWing.

Sorry about the short chapter! I'll try to make it longer next time. :)