Black Carnation: Part 2

After class was finished, I quickly gathered my things and packed it securely in my old worn black leather bag and got up. I slid my chair back in its place. I then turned around and felt I had bumped into something.

"Watch where you're going Severus!" Potter remarked.

"Yeah, watch where you're going Snivellus!" Sirius replied.

"You're so clumsy Snape." Lupid said.

"Hey guys! Leave him alone! Are you okay Sev?" Lily said in her angelic eloquent sweet voice. She came around from behind James to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I said with my head down and I attempted to smile at her. 

"Yeah, just leave him alone Lily. Come on; let's go back to the Gryffindor Tower." Potter said with a grin on his face and put his arm around Lily urging her toward the door. 

"Oh all right. Goodbye Sev. I'll catch ya later!" Lily said and walked out of the room with James.

"Goodbye Lily!" I said quickly with a hand up in the air.

"Later Snivellus." Sirius said with a laugh and the rest of them walked out of the room.

I just put my head down and walked out of the room as fast as possible to my dormitory. Once there, I lounged on my bed, and opened a potions book. Just then, Mulciber came in and sat next to me.

"Hey there Severus. Reading another Potions book there I see eh?" He said and gave a small laugh. I looked up from my book and said "Obviously. What do you need?" I looked back down to my book as I awaited his answer.

"Avery and I were just wondering if you wanted to have a bit of "fun" with us by the field. She found a new potion you know." He gave a wicked smile. I looked up at the ceiling and thought for a moment. I finally decided I needed a little "fun" right now.

"All right, I'll come." I said with a small faint smile and shut my book. 

"Good mate! Let's go!" He said and pulled me off the bed. "You won't be disappointed!"

I coudl not help but give a big smile at this. Other than potions, spending time with Mulciber and Avery was the best thing to cheer me up. They always had "fun" coming up with new dark magic potions or spells to pass the time. Mulciber and I stepped outside the boy's dormitory and started descending down the steps, when I saw that Avery was there waiting for us by the fireplace holding a large bag full of materials. Cauldrons and ingredients no doubt were in her bag. 

"Come on! Let's go!" She hurried us by waving her free hand towards the door. 

"All right, all right! We're coming! Be patient Avery." Mulciber said. She growled at him both madly and jokingly. Mulciber just laughed. "Very nice." 

"How are you doing Sevie?" Avery asked him blushing slightly.

"Fine." I said rather melancholy. "Yourself?"

"Oh, just fine." She said with a little smile. I could really care less, to say the least. 

"Well come on you two." Said Mulciber and led us down the stairs onto the field.

We walked to our usual spot near the forbidden forest. It was faraway enough from the castle that no one could see us unless they were walking nearby. Once there, Avery got out all of the materials in the bag by dumping them onto the ground. 

"Careful!" I exclaimed. These were very fragile materials, and if they were to break, we would have some serious consequences.

"Sorry." Avery said without much feeling.