CHAPTER 3

LOLA'S POV

I went to my locker. I grab a bottle of water and take a sip, I gargle, running to the bathroom, and I spit the water out, trying to get the disgusting taste of Jackie's tongue off my mouth

It's hard to believe I'll be able to get the taste off, but I'll have to deal with it.

TOM'S POV

It's insanely hilarious to see a student get all worked up for nothing. But, since it's none of my business, I'll stay shut until Lola wants to talk about what happened in the cafeteria. Honestly, I think she exaggerated for nothing at all. It was a kiss, maybe a forceful one, but hey, all she needed to do was push him away, not go all psycho. Most high schoolers brush it off and take it like nothing. But Lola seems to take it like a big problem. Throughout the day, she has been ignoring everyone like the plague, which is kinda hilarious. She'll get over it in a few days.

LOLA'S POV

I feel relief course through my veins as I step off of school grounds. I attempt to run to my car, but Nathan screams my name like an manic. I slow down and turn around.
"Yes, Nathan?" I ask, trying to appear calm, which I realize I wasn't calm at all. "Jeez, you look... amazingly better?" Nathan chuckles nervously. Katie and Chole approach us, and they both snicker. "What? Is there something you guys would like to tell me?" I ask, raising my eyebrow in suspicion. If there is, it'll most likely be about me freaking out about a small kiss. "Well, we're just going to have a sleepover, and wanted to know if you'll like to come?" I was wrong. "What about Rachel and Robert? Are they coming too?" I wonder, my eyes looking every besides theirs. "Yeah, of course." Katie says, her eyes wandering off to Nathan as he loudly chews on a chocolate bar. "Would you stop that?" Katie replies annoyingly, Nathan grins and nods. I let a sigh of relief out and run to my car, quickly unlocking it and opening the door.

"See what you did." Nathan says, shaking his head as he smacks his forehead. Katie was going to retaliate, but Chloe held her. "You are one insane girl," Nathan teases. He winks at her and starts skipping to his car.

When I arrive at Katie's house, I slowly open the door and step in. I see Nathan and Katie hitting each other with pillows while Robert, Chloe, and Rachel gossip about some nonsense. I clear my throat and close the door behind me. "Are you guys done playing?" I ask, tapping my foot on the ground. Nathan and Katie looked at each other. They huffed and lowered the pillows. "Hey, Lola. Do you think the new our new math teacher is intimidating?" Rachel asks, I look at her and shrug.

"I don't know."

I'm sorry I haven't been active. BUT, I'll try to upload some new chapters tonight or tomorrow🙏🏼