CH: 17

a/n: likhne ka man bilkul nahi hai jo hua uske baad but i need to wrap up the story sooo. btw, i always imagine in a manga format while writing. it’s more fun like that.

♡₊˚ 🦢・₊✧

Ishan decided to steer clear of his room, not eager to spend a night with a possibly horny Shubman. Instead, he headed to the gym down the block. He frowned at the unusual buzz of the equipment, wondering who would be working out at this hour.

“Your posture is off,” Ishan called out, his voice reverberating in the otherwise empty gym.

Yashasvi dropped the weights with a grunt, casting a quick glance at the opponent skipper. He puffed his chest, going for another try when Ishan swatted at his arm.

“God, you’re drenched! How long have you been at this?” Ishan asked, noticing Yashasvi's sweat-soaked shirt.

Yashasvi mumbled, his cheeks flushing. “None of your business.”

“Still mad you got stumped at zero, huh?” Ishan grinned.

“Please don’t bother me,” Yashasvi said, though he allowed Ishan to help him. “Thanks,” he muttered.

"You're pretty dedicated," Ishan remarked, watching him. "Meanwhile, your captain is sleeping like a log.”

Yashasvi dropped the weights, finally catching a breath. “He’s always too casual after losing matches. I don't like that about him.”

Ishan chuckled, tossing a towel at the boy. "Every captain has his own style. But hey, he's still good, right?”

Yashasvi remained quiet for a moment before shrugging. “We still lost, it doesn't matter.”

“You’ve won two consecutive times,” Ishan pointed out.

Yashasvi clenched his fists, his expression turning serious. “That just means we had to win for the third time too.”

Ishan crossed his arms, staring at the other. “You remind me of myself.”

“Is that supposed to be a compliment?” Yashasvi snorted.

Ishan shrugged, walking away. He suddenly remembered Shubman talking about this Yashasvi guy. “Has a resting bitch face but a good lad,” he had said. Ishan figured he should mind his own business and leave his opponents be. Even though his brain starts to tingle when he can’t befriend everyone within a mile radius, he knew he should respect people's boundaries.

But he had an idea what Yashasvi was going through. Overworking to punish himself, that wasn't something Ishan was unfamiliar with.

“Aren’t you gonna work out?” Yashasvi called after him.

Ishan glanced over his shoulder with a smirk. “Race you to the mess,” he challenged, taking off.

“Wha- Oi!” Yashasvi cursed at the strange boy who thought he would follow him. As if.

Yashasvi caught up with Ishan in no time.

“You’re fast!” Ishan laughed as they raced down the empty hallway. “Not bad, Yashu.”

“Don’t call me that,” Yashasvi panted, but a small smile tugged at his lips as he pushed himself forward.

“I guess you won,” Ishan mused as they reached the mess hall, slowing down. He patted the other’s back brightly, causing Yashasvi to scoff.

“Yeah, where's my trophy?

“In the pantry,” Ishan replied with a mischievous grin, already sneaking around the corner for another one of his pantry raids.