Part 4

Chapter 3a

~On Arrakis~ Five years after chapter 2a, and death of his comrade~

~MC around fifteen~

SHISHAKLI POV.

Many things had shifted in her life since that day, many for good and many for worse.

The words she had heard that day remained buried in her heart, for it was not her secret to tell as Inzal became more and more involved in the running of Sietch, advocating for more raids on the Harkonen, raids in which he would participate himself despite his age.

He was aggressive, using his abilities when he could, allowing them to capture and kill many of the Harkonens, stealing their equipment and water for themselves. When free, he would work with the engineers of the Sietch, helping them understand, dismantle, and rework the technology they had stolen at great peril. Though that was not all, he would help them establish and improve some of their own tech over the years, though some of it remained locked in those halls.

Many rejoiced at the success of their raids, of their revenge against the people that oppressed them, yet many traditionalists spoke against him, calling him a heretic, a corruptor of youth for most of his followers were young people.

Inzal openly denounced the prophecy of the Lisan Gaib, even coming to blows one time when few called him by that name. He spoke openly, demanding change. Many in the Fremen did not believe in the prophecy, yet few had the courage to do it openly as Inzal and then take action upon their words.

And inspiring his words were, preach to them through reason and help them with his vast knowledge. Using the Spice, they would steal. He had used it to smuggle books, scrolls, and ancient texts to educate their people. And now as the years passed she could see the change take place. Many a youth was now more skeptical of the words spoken by the Sayyadina, or the Revered Mother of the Bene Gesserit as she was supposed to be called.

Yet for all his success, all his work, she could see it all become undone as Stilgar, the Naib of their Sietch, summoned an emergency council and uttered the ominous words.

"The Harkonens have captured Jamis and his men," he spoke, and after a moment of silence, the mutterings began.

"They were on a raid when they were ambushed by more than two dozen men, and it has been confirmed that Jamis and six others are no Harkonen captive," she said, knowing how it was confirmed. The Fremen who lived in the city were docile, and all of them were limited in their actions as they lived under the accursed Harkonen rule.

Yet they were Fremen. They were of the desert, and that was where their loyalties lay. They would often get nuggets of intel from the inhabitants of the towns and cities.

They had lost men to Harkonen before, it was rare, yet it happened, but losing six young people like this had not happened before.

"It is all because of him," a voice came, as someone stood and pointed towards Inzal who stilled by her side.

"It is all because of him. He rouses our kids, incites them, blinds them with his tales of change and glory, now the Harkonens have struck hard. They have captured our children because of his folly," it was an elderly woman, probably the mother or grandmother of one of the captured children.

"Aye," many joined her in her protest.

"He warned th..." she tried to speak, yet Inzal stayed with her as he raised his hand.

"We must rescue them, six men. There has to be a way," and he was concerned as everyone looked towards Stilgar.

"We cannot. What time we have, we must use to relocate to another Sietch, one far away from here, and warn the others as well," he told them. The whole conference stilled as the reality of those words dawned on him.