Part 6

Chapter 4a

~Around 5 years before the start of the movie~

INZAL KAZAB CORRINO

Thirst, the ever-constant thirst that plagued everyone in this desert, parched his lips as well, turning them into dry husks, as he sat crouched down on the shield wall that guarded the Northeastern side of the city.

Carthag, the capital of the Harkonen's operations in Arrakis, was a city built through human suffering and cruelty, a symbol of oppression and division. In comparison to the wasteland, the city was a hub of tall buildings, built for form rather than function. It was a slap on the face of the suffering of the people of Arrakis.

A display of opulence in a land where few could afford to eat and drink to their fill.

It was well populated, housing the Harkonens, the Guild, the villages, and much more. And right now as he stood on the expansive wall around the city, dressed in his stillsuit, with his little creation tied around his body, feeling, knowing every person in the whole city even through closed eyes.

The sensation was familiar to him, yet on a lesser scale, it was as if comparing a drop of rain to a torrential flood. A very inept comparison for Arrakis, yet he had not always been filled with the thirst of this wasteland, and neither will the people of this planet be if he had anything to say for it.

Thousands and thousands of lives, their movements rushed to his mind, and only his inhuman abilities allowed him to cater to all that information, siphoning through it for what he sought.

A small platoon of Harkonen guards transporting the recently captured prisoners to their detention centres, there were over twenty guards moving through the city armed and shielded, rendering lasguns impractical for using them would jeopardize the very people he had come to save.

And he waited as they approached the open airfields, filled with ornithopters and other ships, waiting to make a move.

Inzal had been born to this world as simple a mind first, in a world surrounded by darkness he had come to consciousness armed with too much knowledge, enough that it would have destroyed his recently formed nervous system. Yet somehow he had persisted, his biology no longer that of a normal human, had allowed him to see and understand beyond human norms as he realised the danger he was in.

That very understanding and knowledge allowed him to hide, even while being but a blood of cells, as he evaded the careful senses of various physicians, sisters of the Bene Gesserit, and even his own mother.

He had understood what he was: an abomination, one of the opposite gender, a crime twice over. Yet that was not even all, as even while being a blob of cells, he would feel his senses expand as he would imbibe the foreign blue liquid that had entered his mother's body.

He had felt his senses expand, seeing beyond the womb into the expansive castle that housed him, Kaitain. He knew it through various gifts, the home of the House Corrino.

Receiving all that information had been painful, yet he believed it was that experience that had hardened him to his current prowess, which he was about to use to free his men.

He closed his eyes and watched as the platoon neared the ornithopters, and he took out a blade from the harness bound to his thighs and clicked the switch on the rather large hilt.

SISSS!

Two grappling hooks whizzed past him and latched onto a tall-looking building near the moving platoon as he activated the low-powered suspensers wrapped around his back, lowering his weight as he breathed out; even in such danger, the Bene Gesserit teachings allowed him absolute control over his body.