[2] Recollection of the First Day

Back in the guidance counselor's office of the UA survivor school, after having a few bites of the snacks they were given, both Izuku and Katsuki finally settled in and were ready.

"Okay, where do we start?" Izuku said holding his Oreos.

"I guess we should start on the day everyone got trapped. What day was it again?" Mr. Tokuda asked.

"November 6th, 2022. Two and a half years ago," Katsuki said answering his question before turning to look out the window. "Can't believe it's been that damn long"

Seeing him turn his head, Izuku lowered his head as the memory of the day his life changed came playing in his head. "Yeah, it was"

//////////💚🤜(。Ó﹏Ò。)🤛💚\\\\\\\\\\

"Attention, players. I welcome you to my world," a giant mysterious man wearing a red cloak covering his face said hovering over a crowd of players.

"What's he mean by that?" Deku said mentally beside Chargebolt.

"My name is Toshinori Yagi. And right now, I am in charge of this world," the red-hooded figure said causing Deku to gasp in the place he was standing. He could hear people mumble in the crowd where he was standing in.

"The majority of you have probably already noticed the logout button is absent from your main menus. I want to reassure you that this is not a game-related bug. This is not a defect, this is how My Hero Online was designed to be," Toshinori Yagi, who claimed to be him, said.

"He's kidding, right? That has to be a joke!" Chargebolt said beside Deku.

"It's crucial to keep the following in mind. In the game, there is no longer a means to bring someone back from the dead. Avatars are removed from the system if their HP reaches zero, forever," Yagi announced before pausing for a brief moment. "And the NerveGear will simultaneously destroy your brain"

The first thing that appeared in Deku's mind was when he kicked that minion he fought earlier, costing him some of his HP. It was then replaced by the thought of him losing all of his HP and exploding into tiny, digital blue pixels. He couldn't help but feel fear and anger throughout his body while clenching his fists.

"Now, there is only one way out for a player: you must win the game," he said before swiping open a menu showing a large map of the tower of Musatufa. "You are currently gathering on Musatufa's ground floor, on floor one. You can get to the next floor if you make it out of the dungeon and defeat the boss. You must defeat the boss on floor 100 to complete the game"

"Clear 100 floors? That's freakin' impossible," Chargebolt said before shouting the one thing that made me close Deku's mouth shut. "That level was never reached by even the Beta Testers!"

"Last but not least, I've included a small gift to each player's item storage," Yagi spoke gaining our attention again. "Please, have a look"

Wanting to know what he was talking about, Deku used his fingers and swiped open his menu, and scrolled to his item storage to see something new added to it.

"A Mirror?" he said reading the name of the item. Once he tapped the icon, a physical real-life mirror appeared in front of him and fell into his hands. He looked at it to see the reflection of his avatar's face until a flash of blue light flashed from Chragebolt's body.

"CHARGEBOLT!!!" Deku shouted until the same flash of light enveloped his body causing him to gasp. Even though it was bright, he could see that everyone who looked in the mirror was surrounded by the same blue glow. As the light went down, he slowly opened my eyes to get back my vision.