Discussion Between Monsters

Tsukishiro prepared a cup of coffee for himself and one of tea for me, as both of us sat down in front of each other.

" So, Ayanokoji-kun. What is it that you wanted to say to me? "

" I have some things to ask, and some things to say "

" Go on, I'm listening "

He took a sip from his cup of coffee while placing his right foot above his left one, waiting for me to speak. 

" I want to be quite frank. Do you plan to make this school into a kind of White Room? "

As I spoke those words, his hand that was holding the cup, stopped in mid-air. 

Generally speaking, there was no way that they could do that, even if they have influence over the government, there is absolutely no way in doing even just slightly what the White Room is doing. But...

" That's quite an impressive theory you have there, Ayanokoji-kun. How did you come to that conclusion? "

" It's just how I see things moving. After all, you have absolute control over this school now "

" I wouldn't dare say that. That word you just used, is far too overexaggerated "

" So, you're saying that you don't have complete control over this school? I highly doubt it "

" Whatever you're trying to find out by questioning me about it, you better give it up. Your father is the only person who has any kind of answer " he said, his face wearing a plotting grin 

I stared at him for a while, but I didn't sense any kind of ill intent from him. It was quite a challenge to get a read on this man, especially since his eyes are always kind of closed. It was as if he wore a mask, a poker face of some kind, like me. They say that the eyes are the mirror of the soul, but I have to question if this man even possesses a soul to begin with.

" I see now. You're trying to figure it out, aren't you, Ayanokoji-kun? " he suddenly spoke

" Figure out what exactly? "

" I think we both know that I don't have to elaborate that. You know exactly what I'm talking about, Ayanokoji-kun. Or maybe, I'm just overestimating your capabilities "

" I don't have any idea of what you're talking about. Anyway, I have something else to talk about "

" Of course, I said I will hear you out, after all "

" Last week. You had contact with one of my friends. Why was that? "

" Oh? I didn't expect her to tell you about it. Perhaps you're rather closer than I thought you are "

" Answer the question. What business could someone from the White Room have with her? "

" I was simply asking for directions, no big deal. You don't have to worry about it, I don't plan to do anything to her~ "

I had just a speculation that he approached one of them. I still don't know if it was Hinami or Minami, but I can work with this. Hinami's recent interest in my past is one thing that is leading me to think that it's her. 

" Now then, if that's all. Perhaps now we should talk about the desk that you just destroyed. How do you think we should punish such a rash behavior, Ayanokoji-kun? "

" I take full responsibility for my actions. Any punishment that you see fit, is acceptable "

" Is that so.. then... What would you say if that punishment were to lead to your expulsion? "