Chapter 6: Not Much of a Nature Girl

After arguing with Carson for a big amount of time on why we weren't going to stop by Disney World, I decided to simply rest my case. According to him, Disney World was too "mainstream" for us. We needed to cross new boundaries. It was stupid, but the boy had settled his mind on that already. It was stupid to even try to argue. So I had thrown my head back, resigned to even hear another sound coming out from him. I would grow tired of it. How is it possible that at a certain age I was so madly obsessed with that boy? Out of all the guys in this world, why was it him? He was my first crush...I definitely wasted that token.

"Get cozy, Judith—"

"You either say both names or the first one, but you can never call me by my second name," I cut him off, pointing an accusing finger at him.

"We are sleeping in here tonight," he said, completely ignoring my statement.

I cocked my head to the side while letting out a sarcastic little laugh. "Oh! You actually think I'm going to be sleeping here?"

Carson nodded his head, faking a smile. "That's right, princess." I hated his sarcastic pet names. "Maybe, if you'd like, I can put some pillows here and take one of our softest blankets and wrap it around you. I could tug you in, that way you feel more comfortable. And once I'm done with that, I can kiss your forehead and whisper in your ear a cheesy ol' goodnight and fall asleep right beside you. How does that sound?"

If I were to tell you that that did not get my heart beating like crazy, I'd be lying. But it was still Carson and I still hated him. And even though it didn't sound like such a bad idea, I knew it was impossible and that he was just being sarcastic, so I simply took my tote bag, rolled my eyes, and got down from the car.

"Dude! What the hell are you doing?" he yelled from behind. I heard the door of the car shut, but I refused to look back.

To be honest, I had no idea where exactly I was heading to. The trees and the forest-like scenery were beginning to look kind of welcoming, though. I was just hoping this would all be over soon. Carson wasn't growing on me like mold; he was simply mold that was annoying me. It's so hard to bare him with his sarcasm and his bossiness. But at the end of the day, it was all my fault, right? I was the one who made that stupid wish.

"Dude!" he yelled once again, and I could hear his footsteps against the grass.

"Do not call me a dude!" I snapped at him and turned to see him. Carson looked a bit taken aback by my sudden outburst. "I can't take this! I'm driving crazy, okay? For how long are we going to keep on pretending?" I yelled at him.

His eyes skeptically stared at me. "Pretending what?" he asked.

"That this doesn't annoy us! That we don't want to be out of here in an instant! That this isn't hell for us!" I yelled, probably looking like a psycho.

Carson tugged his hands into his jeans pocket and shrugged his shoulders, avoiding gazing at me. I swear he looked a bit shy before he said, "I'm not pretending." He still didn't look at me. I stared at him like if he had just told me that he was Daniel Radcliffe; confused and nervous.

My gaze never left him. My mouth was slightly parted as I thought what to say exactly. He just said that he wasn't pretending? He wasn't annoyed? He doesn't want to be out of here in an instant? This isn't hell for him? I was still wondering what to say, but I had to settle with a plain, "What?"

"I mean, it's not that bad. Sure, maybe I would like to be somewhere else, but I'm not. And I should make the best out of it, right? And also, free food always amuses me," he said, recovering his normal attitude.