Chapter 1: A Wish at 11:11

I stared at the clock. 10:30 a.m. It felt like forever since the jerk of Carson had arrived to my house. And there was no way on Earth I was going to leave this room before he left the house.
But let's be honest here...I barely leave this cave. I mean, what for?

What's interesting in my life? Honestly, nothing at all up to this moment. I'm simply a 17-year-old living the normal life...if that's what you choose to call it. I have my first love, who just so happens to hate me, and you have no idea how much I hate him. Oh, and have I mentioned that this guy lives a few houses away from mine? And that he's my brother's best friend? Sorry for leaving that out, then. I also have my ex-boyfriend. Yes, the one who I tried extremely hard with, but he would just behave like the worst douche in the whole wide world. I'm pretty sure every girl has been there. I, for one, wished I wouldn't have ever. I wasted four entire months of my life. Not that it is a useful one, though.

Now, if you are asking yourself if Carson is either one of those, then let me answer that for you. Yes, he is indeed. But no, he is not my ex-boyfriend. He is my first love; a complicated story that this simple girl doesn't feel like explaining.

"Bella!" Mom shouted.

I turned up the volume of my laptop to ignore her. No way was I going down there. She just wants me to wash the dishes. Isn't it enough for her that I've already washed the windows, swiped and mopped the floor, organized the living room, and cleaned the bathroom while my sister sits around "helping" her cook (which means she only watches)? What about my brother, you ask? Well, he is downstairs with Carson watching a soccer game. Oh...The Classic! The most important game for soccer freaks. Barça versus Real Madrid. Big deal...

"Bella!" I heard her call again.

Volume up...

All of a sudden, the video froze. I started fighting with it, but it was completely useless. I had no internet connection. My mom had cut it, I figured.

I looked at the clock. 10:45. I groaned and got up from my bed, leaving the laptop aside. I opened my door.

"What?" I yelled back. No answer. "What?" I yelled again. No answer.

She wins...like always.

I walked towards the kitchen, where she was standing with her arms crossed over her chest. "What?"

"Are you deaf?"

"I was freaking..." I started, but just sighed. I gave up; it wasn't worth the fight.

"Watch your tone, Bella. You have some chores unfinished," she said pointing at the dishes.

"Yay," I said sarcastically.

I grabbed my iPod and plugged in the headphones. This was going to take time.

I tried concentrating so I could finish quickly and ignore the guys' presence, but even through my headphones I could hear the guys shouting.

"How come he'd miss it?" I heard Eli, my brother, yell.

I rolled my eyes and kept on with what I was doing. You might ask yourself how can I be so calm while my first love is sitting in a room right across from where I am standing. It's easier than what you think once you've gotten used to him coming every weekend. "Oh come on! He had it coming!" Eli yelled.

"Shut it, Eli!" I yelled.

I heard them burst out in laughter. What is so funny about my irritation?

"Just focus on what you're doing, sis," he said.

Ugh, he is 19 years old and still no wisdom there. What do I expect? It's them we are talking about.