Chapter 9: Citrus Tower

"You seriously consider this entertaining?" Carson scoffed as he drove straight to our destination. We would be there in no time.

I was smiling too much, way too excited, to even care about his obvious teasing. After all, I was kind of used to it.

"Hell yeah! I mean, how can't I?" I asked, quirking a brow as my eyes turned to see him.

The Citrus Tower wasn't exactly part of my childhood. We had only went there once, and it wasn't even with my parents. It was with Victoria and her family. I loved it. It was something so simple that brought me so much joy. Maybe that's why I liked it so much.

"We're talking about hearing a coin drop," he laughed, looking straight at me. Now he just looked amused by my own amusement.

"It is a wishing well," I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes before turning his eyes back on the image in front of him. "Listen, Bella, I really don't know what you have with these wishing traditions, but you seem to be pretty hooked up on them."

To be honest, the word magic was crap to me until all of this happened. I am left with no other option but to believe in it. It only makes me wonder what other fantasies are actually real. Do unicorns exist? Or do little leprechauns stand by the end of a rainbow? With a tremendous amount of gold? Or does something as crazy as love exist? Man, I wonder...

"Just drive on, Carson. I want to get there as soon as possible."

"What hour does the clock mark?"

"I don't know, Carson. We had a deal."

"I don't like that deal."

"I don't like you, but I'm not complaining."

"I haven't done anything to you."

"Should we really recall the reason why I stopped attending my dances?"

"Oh come on! So I was a jerk! But that was back in the old days!"

"You kind of haven't out-grown it yet."

"Oh, but you are just the nicest sweetie-pie!" he said, sarcasm evident on his tone.

"At least I'm not as rude as you are!"

"We are in a tough match, my dear."

Okay...is it crazy that I kind of lost it when he said 'my dear'? Like, literally, that made me shut up right away. How was I supposed to top a 'my dear'? I mean, first thing is that he is calling me his and second thing is that he called me 'dear.'

No, Bella! You are just over-thinking it! It's not a big deal.

Maybe that was just a sarcastic 'my dear.' Okay, so not maybe, but a definitely, but it still got me to shut up.

"Ha! I won!" he smiled.

I glared at him before rolling my eyes and turning back to look at the scenery.

Still no words.

I hate this idiot so much!

My eyes looked back at him to see him literally beaming. His smile showed just how little he cared about us being alone in this world...

...I hate him so damn much...

Yeah, right. Keep trying to fool yourself, darling.

We got there in no time. It took us longer to get to the top then to actually get to the place. Carson was standing beside me, denying the coin I was trying to hand him.