"So." I started, out of breath. "What was the story about?" At that, Perila straightened up.

"Well.. you see there was a prophecy." She said.

"A prophecy?" I groaned, putting my face in my hands. "Not again. Those are so unnecessary." 

"I know. But anyways, it goes like this:

The bearer of night,

Beware riches might.

Go forth and find the one who pleads for your name,

In the land where the Sun domains.

And you shall lose one of equal value behind,

And your body and soul no one will ever find."

I sat, non-plussed. Perila, noticing the look on my face, said,

"I mean, it might not be about you-" "Perila, I know it's about me. Who else is the Bearer Of Night?" 

She shut up.

"Beware riches might? Please. It's probably that son of a-" I stopped as Perila shot me a glare. "-Sende. Well I'm not wrong. He is a son of a-"

"OKAY. Anyways, I get it you think it's Sende," She interrupted. "But what about, Go forth and find the one that pleads your name, what do you think?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's Landier again, probably."

"Alright, that makes sense. The In the land where Sun domains obvious. Of course it's the desert."

"And what about And you shall lose one of equal value behind?"I asked quietly.

"Oh. Alecto it couldn't possibly be me." She gestured to herself.

"Perila, be real. Who else is 'equal value'? You are my sister, and I care for your safety, so I'm going alone."

"But Alecto-" a voice I didn't recognize interrupted her.

"Well I guess you need me if you're going on a trip to the desert." We turned our heads to find a boy. He had messy brown hair and black eyes. He was kind of cute, really.

"Names Mendon  Brunner." He smiled sticking his hand out. I felt myself go red but I took his hand. 

"So long have you been here?" My sister cut in.

"About long enough for me to hear the desert part. Trust me, I know the desert really well. I lived there before I moved here."

"Alright, fine. You can come." 

"But Alecto, I'm coming too!"

"Perila, no. Don't start this again."

"But I need to come, and you WILL NOT stop me." She finalized, crossing her arms. When she looks like that, you'll know that Perila won't budge.

"Alright." I sighed sadly.

"Good." She said. "But what about the last one? And your body and soul no one will ever find?"

"Probably me. But I welcome Death." Perila starts to protest, but thankfully, Mendon cuts in.

"Alright!" He said, clapping his hands. "Let's go tomorrow. Remember to pack tonight!"