TW: Mentions of suicide, panic attacks.

Cold.

Cold was the only thing I felt as it numbed my senses. It fueled my lungs, making it hard to breathe. Shadows intoxicated my arms, legs, and neck. I was stuck in a sort of pit made of darkness.

My memories flashed through my eyes.

Age 2, holding my mother's head on my lap. Weeping over her body, feeling her head becoming heavier with each second.

Age 4. The cold sting of blood on my face as my stepmother slaps my face.

Age 9, Jealousy runs through my veins as my stepmother spoils my sister.

Age 14, I bear a knife as I dig it into my skin, biting on a piece of cloth to hold in my scream and cries of pain, leaving a deep mark of velvet blood as I think of all the foul things people has said to me.

"Useless."

"Monster."

"Killed her own mother."

"Get out."

"Shut your fucking sorry ass up."

"Go die in a hole."

"Kill yourself."  

I screamed, I screamed and thrashed and yelled. I clutched my head, my heart pumping wildly. My eyes fill with tears, but I let them out. No one can hear you. I dug my nails into my head. No one likes you. I bit my tongue. You killed your mother. Blood spilled out of my mouth.

You will never belong. 

I shrieked, and shrieked until my voice ran out.

"It's terrible isn't it?" A misty voice snaps me from my trance. "The feeling of being the odd one out."

I look up, my eyes meeting the eyes of a cold midnight blue. This woman had a dress seemingly made of shadows. In her hand held a whip made of shimmering dust.

Star dust. I realized.

Her waist long platinum hair swayed in the force of the wind, billowing in the air.

"Who are you?" I demanded, standing up and wiping my tears. She smiled mysteriously.

"Oh how rude of me. My name is Euphillia. Perhaps you know me?"

I racked my brain. Euphillia..

"Euphillia, Goddess of Night, darkness, shadows, stars. The moon, night,ares and fear itself. What are you doing here?"

"I've come to help you," She paused. "Daughter."

"What?" I was confused, weak and traumatized. What more could I handle?

"Yes. I have claimed you as my child when you were born, Alecto Ramira Zhang," Euphillia prompted. "We must hurry. When the lunar moon rises in five days, all will be lost. Your family, sister, everything." 

"W-what?"

"Shush my child. We only have so much time to spare. Alecto, embrace your dark side. If you do, there is a chance you can save your life, if you sell your soul. Remember this, welcome your darkness with open arms, and you may be able to save your father and sister." 

She disappeared, and I was again stuck in an abyss of memories.