Chapter 5

Dakota's pov

I stay in the room while holding her hand.

What have I done. I took advantage of her then took a guy I met 30 minutes ago and let him drive us not knowing that he was drunk till afterwards.

I was crying.

"Lex please wake up. I need you right now. I want to tell you how beautiful you are and how good you sing and how cute it is when you get embarrassed. When I first saw you there lying on the sidewalk with your knee bleeding, I thought you were really beautiful. Even though you wanted to kill me. I don't show my emotions too well. And I hope you forgive me when you wake up. And I also know that you can't hear me at all but I wanted to tell you that since that conversation we had today and you called me a loser and ruined the conversation. Please wake up babe."

I say truthfully and get up and kiss her forehead.

I walk back out the door going straight to my house at 2am.

Lex's pov

What's going on? I can hear but I can't move at all?

I hear the doctor talking to someone and he says I'm in a coma. What happened? I can't remember anything from last night?

I hear sobbing and crying and I hear Tae's voice talking to me. She tells Dakota to come with her and they'll be back in the morning. Dakota says no and stays with me here.

Doesn't he hate me though?

He starts telling me that I'm beautiful and how good I sing and how cute it is when I get embarrassed. Wasn't he a fuckboy? He tells me to wake up and calls me babe.

Babe?

Either I'm hearing strange things or I'm in a dream.

I hear him get up and he leaves.

Okay I NEED to get out of here.

I try to get up and move any part of my body but nothing. I keep trying for what seems like forever. I stop trying and eventually move and open my eyes. I saw that my parents are here, Tae and Dakota too.

"GUYS SHES AWKAE!" I hear Dakota say.

I look around more and see all the machines connected to me.

Fuck I hate hospitals.

All I see is a bunch of people all around me.

"I need space please." I say gently.

They move away and say how happy they are that I'm awake. Someone gets the doctor and he gets them out and tells me that he's gonna check how I am.

"Okay miss, your ribs have healed and you would be able to leave in a hour." He says smiling at me.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH DOCTOR"

I smile and he starts taking off the wires from me. They all hurt and I'm so glad he's finally taking them off of me.

My parents,Tae, and Dakota come back in and say once again how happy they are.

The doctor comes in soon and says that I'm able to leave now.

"YAY!!!!!" I say.

"Here lex, It has your clothes in it go change!" My mom says.

I get up and go into the bathroom. She brought me skinny jeans, black vans, and a pastel pink pocket shirt.

I get out once I'm done Dakota keeps staring at me.

We go check out and I'm finally going back home.

We get home and my parents stay in the kitchen and me, Tae, and Dakota watch a movie on Netflix.

It's 6pm and the sun is barely going down. I get up to go make some popcorn and Tae follows behind me.

"Lex I have to tell you everyone that happened." Tae says.

She backs away from the kitchen where my parents were.

"While you were drunk, Dakota told me that he saw you on the couch and he saw that you were drunk so he took advantage of you and made out with you and you guys both went upstairs looking for a room and I caught both of you guys and he said that you didn't know you were with Dakota and I brought both of you guys down and he said his friend can drive us home. We got in the car and I was in the backseat with Dakota and a truck crashed into us because Dakotas friend was drunk. You were the only that was hurt badly and they took you to the hospital and you were in a coma and Dakota wanted to stay with you so he did. He looked really sad about all of this."She said out of breath.

"Then the next day I saw him at school and he was flirting with a bunch of girls and saw him kiss at least 8 of them. He acted like nothing was wrong and everything was fine. You were in a coma for 3 weeks and during that time he dated girls and dumped them afterwards. And I would invite him to go visit you and he would usually be texting some different girl every other day. And when you finally woke up he acted like he's been caring this whole time."

"Wow."

"Dakota took advantage of me and didn't care while he was at school for 3 weeks?!?" I say and look back to where Dakota was. He was still waiting for the popcorn.

"Yes. I can't believe he did that." She said.

"we should get the popcorn now" I say.

We make the popcorn and I sit as far as I can from Dakota. Every now and then he would turn to look at me and smirk and I would give him glares and eye rolls.

This kid is ridiculous I can't believe he did this while I was in a coma.