Chapter 3

*~~}World of Twelve ^ Xaiolei Timeline{~~*

<:> 973 <:>

''' Yugo'''

I was extremely excited for tomorrow. Mama had sent me off to bed an hour ago, but I just couldn't settle down.

She told me that tomorrow she would teach me some basic skills for traveling. Marckal, a Sacrier who was one of my close friends and neighbors, and Ferrel, an Osamodas who Marckal introduced me to, both were leaving to go to what they called "school" daily now, but I never knew what they were talking about. They were older than me, anyway. Mama didn't tell me either, but she said she would when I was old enough to understand money.

I was overjoyed to learn how do sew and whatnot like Mama did. She helped me fix my clothes when I ripped them running through the streets. I wanted to be able to do that myself.

I readjusted my position underneath my thin, dark blue sheets. I snuggled just a little bit further into the hat I wore and a naturally smiled slightly. Tonight was going to be a perfect sleep for me and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it.

I quickly fell asleep...

Morning came quicker than I expected. Hearing mama start the fire fire breakfast upstairs, I flung forward and thrusted myself off the bed. I was tired, sure, but last night's excitement was beyond enough to have me at my feet. I looked in the mirror and tried to shift my hat backwards to fit me more comfortably, but it felt like something was preventing it.

Usually, my hat would normally sit at a backward angle that was weighted behind me by the furry tassel at the end of the hat, but today it wasn't. More importantly, though, the extra flaps of fabric on the top of my head that were seemingly useless were hoisted up somehow, the position looking like cat ears.

I was shocked enough at whatever amount of static electricity it took to hold up the flaps the way they, but when I took off my hat to further investigate, I was left confused. I stared at the hat now in my hands and observed as the flaps on the top returned to the position I usually saw. I sighed lightly before looking back up at the mirror.

My eyes widened. Two wing-like glowing antlers stuck out of my hair. Though they were not that big, anyone would notice them.

I screamed in panic and rushed to pull the hat back over my head. Why are they there? Did mama know this was going to happen when she made the hat back when I was born? I was confused and clueless.

I ran up the staircase quickly and saw mana with a spoon in her hand, stirred a liquid in a pot on the fire, as expected.

"Mama?" I asked her quieter than usual.

"Good morning, Yugo, do you need something?" she set down the spoon and walked over to me. I thought I could see her face darken slightly when she saw how my hat sat on my head, still tilted at that new, awkward angle I disliked.

"Well-" I tried to piece my thoughts together, "Mama, how come I... when... uhm..." I trailed off quietly. She crouched down to my height and looked at my eyes lovingly.

"Yes, Yugo?" She asked again, still being calm despite my awkward questions. Not knowing what to say, I slid the blue hat off my head and looked down, the "wings" fully in her view.

.

.

.

*~~} World of Twelve ^ Xaiolei Timeline {~~*

<:> 968 <:>