Chapter 20: Kiaan's wedding (Pt.2)

Kabir's pov

She stood in front of me. Her eyes were wide with shock, her breath hitched as I stood equally as dumbfounded as her. I felt my heart drop. The doors opened wide for me to enter but all I cared to see was her properly. My heart broke with each breath I took. Each breath, each blink was a reminder that she wasn't mine.

That she hated me.

Why wouldn't she hate me? I'm not just another sore loser who she rejected but I'm also a guy who hurt her. She has every right to hate me. Even if it breaks me into pieces.

I inhaled sharply when the doors were closing, my hand in between it. It opened again for me to enter. I blinked and gulped, entering the elevator. She shifted aside, avoiding my gaze. I exhaled and was about to press my floor's button but it was already pressed.

She did it? Probably going to meet Kiaan I guess. I pulled my hand back and doors closed as we went up. She kept fidgeting with her fingers. she's nervous. I had this urge to hold her hands and stop that fidgeting. But it would make the situation much worse than it already is. so I suppress the urge. I could feel the tension is the air and I'm sure she could feel it too. It was the longest 3 minutes of my life. As soon the elevator stopped at 6th floor, we both rushed to get out of the door.

However, the door was small for both of us get out so we just bumped into each other. I took a sharp breath and stepped back, indirectly gesturing her to get out. I looked up to see her properly and she glanced back at me. My heart skipped a beat. We had a eye contact for less than 3 seconds until she walked forward and i followed after her. Kiaan's room was opposite mine. I went into mine and for a second I don't understand why, I expected her to call out for me. However, that never happened. and I just closed the door. 

closing the door in other circumstances would've been normal but It hurt this time. 

I felt like I didn't just close the door of my room but also my heart. 

it's funny how I met this girl less than 3 months ago and hated her so much back then. It's funny how much I love her now and how much it is hurting me to not being able to talk to her. To flirt with her and laugh whenever she blushed hard. To annoy her. To admire her. To smile whenever she gave me her sassy comebacks. I ruined everything. We would have been fine if I didn't confess to her and we continued the way we were. Not lovers but at-least I could talk to her, i could annoy her but also make her blush. We could've just friends. 

Only if I didn't confess to her. 

I shake away the thoughts and decide to work for awhile to be distracted. I always did that. I would drown myself in work whenever something was hurting me. The more hurt I was, the more time I would spend working. But I didn't have the time today. It was 3pm. I had to be ready by 7pm. 8pm was supposed to be the wedding. I turned on the laptop and started working on the new medicine research reports. 

Meera's pov 

The moment my eyes fell on him, My heart just dropped. 

He looked so... 

sad. 

His eyes were full of hopelessness, sadness and hurt. As much I hate him for hurting me, I felt bad for being the reason he felt sad. Should I just talk to him? I don't want him to have any hopes. I'm just not worth of him. He deserves someone who makes him happy, who gives him the love he deserves, who treats him and his family right. He deserves to experience the feeling of being a father. And not a woman, who steals his rights to experience these joys. Not a woman who takes a son away from his family. It will be unfair. To his family.

To him.

To me.

 I know I'm being selfish right now. But I, myself, am really complicated and difficult. And knowing this and getting with someone like Kabir is just going to destroy his and my life. I already am a disappointment, I don't want to create another havoc in his life.