Chapter 21: Kiaan's wedding (Pt.3)

Warning: Semi edited

Kabir's pov

Meera.

Why is she talking to that bastard?

Rishab Mehra, the CEO of Mehra Steel and Industries Private. Ltd, one of the rascals influencing the business world, a womanizer who's sharp brain brings hundreds on their knees. Also the elder brother of Ritik Mehra, the guy who I killed a few weeks ago.

And sadly

My ex-bestfriend.

Why is he talking to Meera? Do they know each other? Does Meera know I killed his younger brother and framed it as an accident? Wait.

Rishab isn't dumb enough to attend this wedding knowing how close Singhs and Khuranas are.

He probably knows I'm here.

Why is he here then?

And out of so many people, why is he talking to Meera? They are laughing and talking. I felt my blood boil. Rage flowing through my veins as I see, eyeing her up and down in the most dirty way.

I don't find his intentions good.

They never were.

Meera looked at me and her smile dropped. We maintained eye contact for a while until that motherfucker takes her attention again. He definitely knows I'm here.

Hold up.

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Does he know I like her?

He shouldnt- He can't. There's just impossible. Unless we got an imposter here. But people present here are anything but suspicious. How would he know? Did he just assume it? I have been looking at her for a while. I think he just assumed it.

This is not good.

He's trying to reach him through her. Fuck it, that son of a bitch.

I have to maintain my distance from her if I want her to be safe. And it's good considering, it will also help me get over her. 

Eventually. 

Shivaay uncle entered and  they walked while Meera excused from them. I wanted to follow her but refrained myself as to not let that fucker have anymore assumptions. 

He isn't going away without a fight and you know it's the worst type of fight and pain because the person you are fighting against is your own bestfriend. 

someone who knows you well in and out. someone who you have laughed on, who was a shoulder for your to cry when things got very heavy, someone who you could confide in. And having your bestfriend who knew you so well as your enemy is the worst pain. It's like fighting against yourself. All memories flood your brain and before you can comprehend what happened, a knife is already stabbed on your back. 

He knows my weaknesses and strengths. And considering how much of a bastard he is, I know he isn't gonna back down when you got thousands of opportunities to hurt me, scattered around him. 

and he found one of the scattered reasons now. 

Meera. 

I could feel the adrenaline rush in my ears as my heart pounced against my chest rapidly. Anger flood my mind. But another strange uneasy feelings grasps over me. I couldn't recognize it. I have never felt this before. It wasn't jealously. It was something different. 

I knew he was observing each and every movement of mine and so I had to think twice before doing anything that could be used against me. 

I turned towards Kiaan was sitting near the fire-alter, his hands joined as he was keenly listening to the instructions given to him by the pandit ji. Would it be safe to go over to him? Kiaan, Rishab and I were quite good friends back then. All of us belonged to rich and powerful families.