Chapter 22: a new life?

Warning : Semi-edited

Meera's pov

He better be kidding me. 

"Kabir, stop being such an ass" I said, gritting my teeth. He's honestly getting on my nerves now. he scoffed, pressing my wrists more hardly that it honestly was hurting me. 

"I'm being an ass, meera? So all that drama you did infront of me that day was just an act, wasn't it? You just used whatever came in your mind as an excuse, didn't you?" He spat, bitterly. Is he being fucking serious right now? Rage pulsed through my veins as I stare at the man who is fucking being insane right now. 

"It was not. an act. Unlike you, I respect people's feelings, Kabir" I yelled at him. He blinked at me. I couldn't believe it was the same guy who I met months ago. This was the guy for him i was dreading for the whole day. Honestly, I felt a little bad for him before.

But I do not recoginze the man who's stood infront of me right now. 

This wasn't the Kabir I knew. 

"Respect feelings? Yea right like fuck, I'm supposed to believe that" He yelled back. I can't believe I thought maybe I did love him. 

Because right now, all I feel for him right now is hatred. 

Pure disgust. 

"Control that tongue of yours, Kabir. This is why I didn't want to be with you. Talk to me when you learn to control your anger" I spat at him. He pulled away and I felt like collapsing on the ground. But using that last ounce of energy, I kept standing infront of him. 

Infront of a complete stranger. 

"No no meera, You didn't want to be with me because You already had that guy in your mind. You could have just told me instead of lying and making up those petty excuses, you know?" he fake laughed and said. Why does he think I am making excuses? 

"I don't like Rishab. Infact I met him just today" I defended myself. Why am I even explaiing myself to him? 

"Yea and you are letting a stranger that you apparently met today, kiss your hand? Wow, Meera. you can make up a better lie than that" He said. Why is he picking up a fight oversuch a small issue? 

"He kissed my hand. You on't have the right to speak about things you don't know" I yelled back. He is making me exhausted. Exhausted of existing. 

"And you let him kiss your hand? what are you, a kid? And you are giggling so much over a guy you met today?" He said. I still don't understand what the fuck is his problem? 

"Stop being so possesive. Who are you to me? Just my brother's bestfriend. That's all you are you will be" I said, sternly. I couldn't breathe properly. and to make matter worse, this man decided to pin against the wall again, exerting his entire pressure on my wrists again.

"Just stay away from him, Meera." He growled. mustering up all the courage i had in me and I looked him in the eye. 

"I will not. What are you gonna do about it?" I said. I saw a flare of fire in him. His jaw clenched. And the next moment, I felt completely numb. He smashed his lips on mine. Closing his eyes, he moved his lips roughly, hurting me. He bit my lips and it hurt. What is happening to me? My whole body is paralyzed. He tilted his head and kept kissing me senselessly while I stood there, rigid and sitffened at his touch, numb for my body or mind to react.

His hands kept exerting more and more pressure on my wrists. The moment I felt stinging pain, I pushed him with all my might.

What does he think I am? This is what I get for talking to a guy? Why does it concern everyone else if it doesn't bother me?