I'm sorry (Awsten :[ )

*Hazel's POV (OC)*

"Why don't you and mommy not talk anymore?" Reilly, my 5 year old daughter asked.

"You know this already honey, me and mommy were always fighting so we thought it would be better if we distanced ourselves." I kissed the top of her head.

"Why did you and mommy fight? I thought you guys loved each other?"

I felt like my heart was stabbed. "She wasn't happy, she didn't love daddy anymore I guess.." My voice trailed off.

"Can't you at least talk to her? Make her come back to you! How could someone not love you, I love you daddy." She hugged me.

"If she doesn't wanna come back I can't force her. That's life goofball, sometimes you lose people you care about and.. you never see them again. The worst part is that you never even get a chance to apologize." I smiled sadly at Reilly as I hugged her back.

We sat like that, Reilly in my lap, us hugging until we were interrupted. "Awsten.." An also familiar voice spoke from behind me.

I quickly got up brushing myself off. "Oh h-hey Hazel, um Reilly is all ready to go back to yours.." I mumbled, looking down.

"Oh thanks, go wait in the car okay Reilly? Me and daddy need to talk." I get my whole body tensed at Hazel's words.

"Okay, bye daddy!" Reilly hugged my leg before running out the door.

"Bye Reilly!" I walked into the house, letting Hazel follow me in. "Can I get you anything to drink? Also make yourself at home."

"Awaten,"
"I have water, orange, apple and grape juice, coca cola, pepsi-"

"Awsten!"

"-Lemonade, did you know Reilly really likes lemonade she said she's never had it before-"

"I heard your conversation with Reilly."

I froze as panic flooded my brain so I did the first thing I thought of, deny, deny, deny. "What conversation?" I asked, still standing in the middle of my kitchen, her standing on the other side of the island.

"The one you too were having the moment before I spoke up."

"We didn't have-"

"I was standing there when it started."

"I-" Words refused to leave my mouth, being caught in my throat.

"Is that how you really feel?"

"I- well-" I take a moment to collect my thoughts. "Yes?"

"I thought you were a determined person, I didn't know you gave up so easily but it makes sense I guess." She scoffed.

"Okay shut the fuck up you know that's a lie! Do you know how much it hurts to watch the love of your life go around and enjoy herself? I knew continuously pestering you was selfish and wasn't even gonna work so I figured I'd do whatever it took to make sure you're still happy! Even if it killed me to watch.." My voice trailed off at the end.

"Why'd you tell Reilly I didn't love you anymore if your the one who fucked up! If I'm the 'love of your life' why'd you go fucking around with your ex huh? Why were you kissing her if you loved me so much?!"