Chapter Ten: Maxwell

Bonding with Quinn made Joseph unbelievably happy

Bonding with Quinn made Joseph unbelievably happy. He always had Robert as his nonbiological brother but he always had each other. Joseph felt like he could have that bond with Quinn as another older sister to look up to

He for some reason believe that Maxwell didn't like him. He had no reasoning behind his belief, he just assumed. While on the contrary, Maxwell didn't hate the boy. He loved the boy. Truth be told the dark haired man always wanted a brother. Maxwell loved his sisters dearly but there was no one around his age that he could really talk to about boy problems, although Quinn gave good advice in the area too.

Joseph , who was now going by his middle name Theodore was staring at himself in the mirror. He was looking at the short blonde hair that was in its usually straight style, he had no clue how to do any other look and never asked Kol, Elijah, and Norman for help.

Maxwell saw the dark blonde's almost inner turmoil and an idea popped into his head. He knocked on the wall to alert Theodore that someone was there and watched how the blonde hair swooped in his direction.

"Need some help?" Maxwell asked, gesturing to his hair.

"Please." Theodore agreed with pink coating his cheeks.

Maxwell pulled the boy over to the bed and made him sit.

"Comb please." Maxwell said and Theodore handed his comb and felt the nimble fingers begin to work through his hair.

"How do you like Charlotte so far?" The dark haired man questioned as he sit next to Theodore as he continued to comb through the almost dark blonde locks.

"I like it here. I'm happy, which is new. New Orleans was full of too many sad memories. I miss some of my family but leaving was for the best. I'm sure my sister didn't care, she liked to have our parent's attention." The blonde rambled as Maxwell listened intently.

"Well, we're glad that you're happy. You and the dark brown guy have made quite an impact." Ignoring the 'hey!' That came from Robert, Maxwell continued. "I've always wanted another brother you know? I mean having a sister is great and all but sometimes I wished that there was a boy around and now you're here. Clearly, this was fate."

Theodore pondered the older boy's words for a moment. They basically called the blonde their brother and it made a warm feeling swell in his chest.

"This is nice. I never really had a brother or sister. She was always too involved in her own world and everything else revolved around her. No one really ever had time for me. I was always to embarrassed to ask for help. I should know how to do my own hair but I just don't." Theodore sighed as his cheeks turned crimson once again from embarrassment.

"Hey. Stop comparing yourself to her. You're your own person and we happen to like you just the way you are. So what if you never learned? It gives us an excuse to do some brotherly bonding. You have a new brother Ted. And we'll always be here." Maxwell reassured the blonde.

The brunette saw the smile on the blonde's face and felt like it could power the whole city with how big it was.

"And finished!" The Jefferson boy cheered as they put hair gel.

"Thanks, Max." The youngest Mikaelson heir squealed as he looked as his hair in the mirror.

"You're welcome Ted. Now let's go downstairs. Quin and Bobby want to challenge us to a game of MarioKart." Maxwell said as he put their arms around the blonde.

"We'll kick their asses." Theodore giggled and the three boys walked downstairs together. No longer just housemates but brothers.