Chapter 1 - As The Blood Dries On Your Beautiful Skin

~~Flashback~~

Beep... beep.... beep...

The crackle of static ran through my head as I walked through the blanched halls of BL/ind HQ; the place where I had lived and grown up. The porno doids - Red and Blue - came into their capsule after being out for a night. I plugged them in, and with an indignant groan, they shut off and charged. Thank Destroya they know how to keep secrets. I continued to walk down the halls, my white shoes echoing in the silence. I saw the head Exterminator walking towards me, his hooked nose and flat ears familiar. Korse.

"Morning, (Y/L/N)," he said, a curt nod coming from him. The Dracs that follow him slipped the Joy pills into my hand, and I understood what they were trying to say. "How are you doing today?" Korse asked again, snapping me back into reality.

"Good sir, thank you for asking. The Director wanted me to shut down all of the main energy systems to the City at 2200 hours." I explained, my mind wandering as I thought of all of the tasks that the Director had asked me to accomplish, including helping her with some "private matters". I cringed at the thought and then straightened up to look him in the eyes, straightening my uniform so it was crisp. "I've also plugged in the porno droids, updated the security systems, and attended to-"

The Director's voice over the intercom froze me. She first spoke in Japanese and then in English, but I could understand both, due to the training that was required as young teenagers. "All Draculoid units, please report to the security room ASAP. All Draculoids, please report to the security room." Did I not say I just fixed the security systems..? I gave Korse a sharp nod again before turning and running with the rest of the Draculoids to the room.

~~Present~~

I hear the sound of the alarms as I run through the city, blood caked under my fingernails and on my face. I did it. I killed the Director. As she was undressing, I brought my ray gun up to the back of her head, pulled the trigger, and watched as she dropped to the ground. Her lifeless body hung there, and I couldn't believe what I had just done. I killed a woman. Not only a woman, but the most powerful woman in the entire world.... The entire company was on the hunt for me, and I had to run. Fast. The civilians were cheering me on, the sight of my no-longer-white outfit symbolizing my freedom. Only those with somewhere to be in this city ran, but I ran faster than even they. They couldn't outmatch my speed, even though the fastest tried. I blindly ran, but didn't know where I was going. I could see a desert in the distance, and I could hear the chants behind me.

"Be free!! Fly free, my child!" Elders yelled. The alarms still rang behind me, but I could hear more cheers than ever before. "You can do it! Go! Bring us back good news!" The children ran alongside me, cheering me on and throwing their Joy pills before my feet as I ran, so I purposefully crushed them. I could hear the revving of engines. The Dracs and Korse were hot on my tail, but I couldn't let them win. I had to get out of here.

"Run, my child!! Please, run! Don't ever stop!" A familiar voice shouted out, but I couldn't stop; I heard the sound of motorbikes closing in. I ramped up the speed, running past the city borders into the desert ahead. I saw a large green sign that said "Welcome to the Zones". What the hell are the Zones? I stopped running once I was far enough away, and I collapsed to the ground in exhaustion.