Chapter 41: Getting settled in

BB sighed as she watched the group disperse with each of the beastmen having their babysitter in toe. Seeing the beastmen flustered as they either act shy around the woman or still in a state of shock brought a smile on her face.

'Now that is done, I should also make sure that Diana and Alice know about Jane's pregnancy so we can plan a surprise party,' BB mused to herself, already think about what she gives the woman as a gift since she does not have enough time to be take part in it. 'Mayor Laurel, huh? What to do? Should I entertain the notion or rejected? Both have some consequences I do not have interest in receiving.'

"Hey, Mayor BB!" Jake called out as he bulldozes passed Diego to get towards BB before him. BB was just beginning to leave too.

Mayor BB raised an eyebrow as she watches the man resting his hands on his knees while trying to catch a breath. "Yes?"

"Can I take control of the money flow?" Jake blurted out immediately once he got his breathing under control. "I promise that I will work extra hard and make you the wealthiest Mayor in this region."

'I have not thought about that actually. More focus on construction,' BB commented, eyeing him. "That is a bold statement, how do you plan on backing it up?"

"I can take control of the mining, creating proper system when the money is disputed." Jake listed off, trying to see if any of the points got her attention. When he did not catch any emotion on her face, he began to panic.

"There is no need to panic, Jake," BB informed him as she looked at Diego and the woman who was supposed to be guiding Yuma was standing a couple of feet away from them for privacy. Jade and her men were gone home, making her more curious about why he wishes to speak with her. BB placed a hand on Jake's shoulder. "A banker is something that I might as well get established since shops will be forming soon. How about you come by a little later on I will come to pick you from your guest house where we can go through the details of the bank, what I wish to happen with it, and other things. I am giving you a chance so I hope you would not disappoint me."

'I have a chance?' Jake looked at the attractive woman with wide eyes. Once the shock wore off, he could not stop himself from hugging the surprised woman. 'I was given a chance!'

Jake dashed off to chat to his guardian about his good fortunate woman leaving BB feeling conflicted about the whole encounter. 'What an interesting guy. Now it is time for the dog boy.'

Diego was in front of her with a straight posture with a serious expression. His tail and ears were gone as a force of habit when it comes to things like this. "May I talk to about an alliance?"

"I guess my little village is quite popular these days," BB said sarcastically. the troubling news about Mayor Laurel discovering who they are and the fact there might be spies among her village was a little more than stressful. "But I would be lying if I was not interested in your proposal. Who are you exactly? Other than Jade's husband."

"I am the son of Mayor Thomas in Scorch City and a prince in my own homeland across sea," Diego answered.