ᴊɪɴɢ ʏᴜᴀɴ

𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚢

The gentle drizzle of the rain hit the window with gentle paps, the drizzle slowly becoming more heavy until it became downpour so heavy that street vendors had to quickly find shelter for their products.

The streets emptied out, other than the folks who were rushing to work in the rain with their umbrellas in hand to avoid the heavy rain.

But among them all, was you and the General of the Loufu, still asleep in bed. His breathing was soft and slow, and your own subconsciously matched his..it was a peaceful, rainy day.

Usually, the two of you didn't sleep in this late, as you both had busy lives. You worked with the Shackling Prison, and he, of course, was always busy making sure the Loufu was as safe as can be.

This was a rare, but welcome occurrence.

The sudden rumble of thunder made you jump in your sleep before you squeezed your eyes closed tightly before slowly opening them and grumbling softly. The best thing to wake up to was Jing in a clumsily buttoned up dress shirt.

His messy hair was sprawled about, framing his face perfectly as per usual while he continued to sleep. His mouth opened just slightly, practically inviting you to lean close and give him a quick kiss, which you did.

You pecked his lips before slowly snaking your way out of his hold and sitting up to stretch before looking at the window as you heard the gentle rumble of thunder.

You got up to go look outside, shivering a little when your feet touched the cold floor before brushing it off and walking over to the window, leaning onto it and looking outside. The place you and Jing lived was cut off from most others nearby, surrounded by a wall, like a small estate.

Jing Yuan just liked his privacy as a public figure, and you couldn't fault him for it.. Besides, he liked having room for a nice garden. Speaking of the garden, you could see the rain already watering his plants and flowers for him.

You smiled to yourself before yawning and sighing, rubbing your eyes before you gasped seeing Jing Yuan's reflection in the window all of a sudden. He snuck up behind you and smiled all cheerfully and innocent before yawning.

"You scared me!" You huffed and crossed your arms before sighing and looking out the window again, leaning back against him as he wrapped his arms around you and rested his chin on your shoulder.

He hummed softly and kissed your cheek with a chuckle, "My condolences.." He mused playfully as he squeezed you. You rolled your eyes, "Are you going to run through the rain to get to the Seat Of Divine Foresight?".

He looked outside and huffed, "I'd only arrive soaked and cold.." he grumbled and shook his head, "Perhaps now is a good time to take a long awaited day off. " He smiled and leaned back.

"Think Lady Fu will like that?" You chuckled and looked at him as he stepped before and rolled his shoulder, "I'm sure she'll be more than pleased." He stated jokingly before patting your head.

"Come, let's make some breakfast." He smiled and turned around and left the bedroom. You looked out the window one last time before following him.

"What's for breakfast then?" You inquired once you were right behind him, "Whatever is in the fridge." He chuckled and stepped down the stairs, stopping at the bottom and waiting for you as you followed him down.