𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕

ʀᴏɢᴜᴇ

Belobog.

Or, Jarilo-VI.

Here you were, standing next to a cyborg cowboy in the snow, watching him as you walked along a slightly trodden down path, covered in snow, just like everything else.

"Why would the IPC be in a place like this?" you grumbled, your galaxy ranger boyfriend looked back and stopped in his tracks to wait on you. "Word is, One of those Ten Stonehearts showed up 'round here."

His accent was as thick as always, one hand resting on his hip just above his revolver and the other holding onto his hat to keep it from blowing away with the freezing winds. "Here of all places? Jarilo has only just started its recovery, i doubt it."

He chuckled, "Well that's exactly why they're here. Sticking their noses into Belobog's buisness." he stated with obvious distaste in his tone, if not pure hatred. But now that he pointed it out, you realized he was probably right, knowing the IPC, they definitely would get their Investment Department grounded on Jarilo ASAP.

You could only wonder which one of the Ten Stonehearts had reared their head, but the only one you really knew was Jade, since she was Diamond's stand in during most interviews and such.

"Did you get info on who it actually is?" You asked, shrinking into your jacket a little to shield your face from the cold for a brief moment. He looked back at you again and chuckled, holding his hand out for you.

You reached out briefly, your fingers grazing his hand before quickly darting back into the safety of your pocket, "You're freezing!" You huffed and glared at him as he laughed. Then again, he was always cold..his system had to stay cool to avoid overheating after all.

"Slick bastard.." You grumbled under your breath and crossed your arms and breathed out, watching your warm breath disappear in the cold wind. Boothill seemed pleased with himself as he kept walking, unbothered by the cold while you were busy freezing.

As you looked around to find anything to distract yourself, you saw a small abandoned house left in shambles, it'd obviously been like that for a while, but you could see the smallest amount of movement inside.

"Hold on a second.." Boothill looked back at you then looked at the house, his hand ready near his waist to grab his gun if he needed it. You slowly made your way over, you weren't exactly sneaky considering the crunch beneath your feet when you stepped on the snow.

"Hello?" you called out, moving a few boards of wood out of the way, in the snow was a young girl dressed in a cozy knitted coat with a fuzzy headband covering her ears. She seemed scared, staring at you before shrinking away into her coat.

"It's a kid, Boothill." You called out before stepping closer and crouching down in front of the girl. She was shivering, her fingers and nose red thanks to the cold. "Oh hun, how did you get out here? it's not safe.."

You reached for her and she looked at your hand, "I'm not suppose to talk t-to stranger-r-s.." Her teeth were chattering and her lips quivered, the poor girl was freezing. Boothill put his gun away and quickly kneeled beside you.