Chapter 03: Extra-ordinary Treatment

A new update
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Daniel's POV (Edited)

The moment my eyes clashed with her beautiful brownish hazel ones, I knew I was a goner. The way the black dress hugged her figure perfectly making her stand out as always. Her brunette hairs as always styled in a perfect hairstyle. The way she composed herself and carried herself was literally mind blowing.

Dahlia Elle Hastings is an egnima. My egnima.

My eyes seemed to be glued on her. Her smile doing a havoc inside my chest. As we all were now gathered for the cake cutting ceremony of Dahlia's father and her Step-mother, my eyes still seemed to be stuck on her. She was standing a little ahead of me. Selene and Irina were standing on either side of their parents.

From the outside, it might seem that I like being in the vicinity of Kevin and his family, but that's not true. Since the time, I got to know that he cheated on his then first wife and abandoned her and his little daughter stranded, my respect for him ended there. Dahlia and I were best of the best friends. But this man destroyed everything. He not only ruined his own relationship as a husband and a father but he also played a strong role in finishing my friendship with Dahlia.

"You're trying a very bad job at keeping your inner feelings intact."

The annoyingly right voice of my younger brother resonated in my ear. Dain was now standing beside me. He joined just a few minutes ago. Dressed in a simple black pants with white shirt. I turned to pass him a side eye before replying

"I don't care."

He snickered beside me but remained quiet. The cake was cut and everyone did a bland effort at cheering for the old couple now. Glancing at Dahlia, it seemed it's not only me who's trying to just pass this night. Aspen's loud and extra cherry voice boomed in the environment

"Thank you everyone for coming and joining us in our happiness. Thirteen years standing by your side is truly an honour for me."

Aspen said the last sentence looking deeply into Kevin's eyes.

"Yuck. It's making me vomit."

Dain spoke hardly trying to keep his mouth shut. I elbowed him because I don't want to create a scene here. Let this night pass as soon as possible. Mom's eyes also glared down at Dain and it was all it takes for him to sober up.

Everyone started to present their gifts to the couple while me and my two brothers were now standing at a corner. My big brother Adam spoke

"You know, I don't know why dad is even friends with Kevin. They don't match at all."

He's right. I still can't understand how my dad and Kevin are friends. While my dad believed in strategies and business, Kevin is only interested in making me money. He doesn't care if he needs to take extra curricular steps for it. He's down for everything which can result him in gaining lots of money.

"Yeah, I never judge dad. But it's getting harder by each day."

Dain spoke while sipping through his glass of margarita. I remained quiet because my eyes were stuck on Dahlia. She was talking to one of the guests present there. She had captured everyone in her trance. And the worst thing is, she doesn't even know that. Alot of people are more eager to have a conversation with her other than the hosts.

She's an attention seeker but in a good kind of way. She's an intelligent and cunning woman who knows when to bring out her weapons or when to laid them down.