Chapter 25

One or two chapters left, not quite sure yet, but it appears there will be a book three after all lol

Any book three name suggestions?

What's been your favourite part of the book 2 so far?

Is there a character who's been introduced in this book whom you really like?

Let me know in the comments!
Every one helps get the story get out into the Wattpad universe

Glossary/Pronouciation

Cac - shit

eldhúsfífl - a fireside layabout (eld-us-fife-al)

Chapter 25

Fionnlagh and his friends hovered at the far end of the hall, eager to catch sight of our guests. He only got to be here because of me. The way he'd puffed up his chest in front of his guests when I'd relented to his pestering. . .he should be worried about Ulli's brother taking another bite of him. Even from up here, I could see the reddened marks and fading bruises left from his fight with Ull. Ulli herself however, kept glancing at the wounds and smiling to herself.

If only the older ones were as at ease as they were.

If I thought the skin shifters would be nervous of our new arrivals, the Vargr were particularly hostile. Many took to fur and prowled the edge of the hall with glinting eyes and low growls that cut off whenever they got caught under my eye. It was amusing to watch towering wolves sulk after a non-verbal scolding, tails tucking, ears flattening. It was also good to know they were beginning to see me as their Alpha in the same way they did Hati.

I let out a soft sigh.

Maybe this would be harder to pull off than we thought.

When the parading arrivals stopped in front of us, an older male stepped forth, short and bulky in stature, with heavy brows and coal dark eyes that slowly scanned the hall. His beard twitched. "I can see why we were begged to help."

"This room isn't where we require your help," Hati replied tightly, barely concealing the way he bristled. "We have external walls that have crumbled, and the entirety of the Western Wing is unsuitable for me to house my wolves. You skill in weaponry would also be appreciated."

The male guffawed, eyeing the hall again with his nose scrunched in distaste. "If you insist. . ."

"Is it common to enter another's domain to insult it, even while proffering the hand of help?" I cocked my head and waved a hand before me. "At least offer a word of greeting first."

Hati went stiff beside me.

Maybe parrying back and insult was the wrong step to take.

The leather of the male's clothes creaked as he straightened up with a scowl. A few other dwarves stepped closer to him and cast me foul looks while the gods amongst their number appeared either uninterested or amused.

"You speak to one of the leaders of the Dvergr of Niðavellir," Hati informed me, his voice slightly strained with exasperation. "This is Sindri, one of the two brother's who created the Golden-bristled boar Gullinbursti, forged the ring Draupnir, and Thor's hammer, Mjǫllnir."