Chapter 8 ~ His Princess

I drove my car back to my apartment building and parked it in the garage. Not feeling like sitting home the rest of the night, I walked to the bar around the corner of the street.

The bar was kind of modern, more like a lounge. It gave an incredibly relaxed vibe and once I stepped in, I felt some kind of weight fall of my shoulders.

I sat down by the bar and patiently waited for the bartender to notice me and finish helping another customer.

When the bartender finally did notice me, my already bad mood got worse by the second our eyes locked.

He came over to me and casually leaned against the counter behind there.

"I'm sorry Princess, but I don't have any coffee to spill, and neither do I have anything worth above the fifty dollar mark. Are you sure you're in the right place?"

What was it with this guy, always meeting me after an encounter with my father. No wonder he thought I was some kind of spoiled brat.

However, not in the mood to do anything to change his view of me I just went and placed my order.

"Can you just give me something to drink, anything with alcohol will do. And if you feel the need to overprice for this special occasion just because you assume I come from money, be my guest but just leave me alone after, okay?"

The guy behind the bar let out a humourless laugh.

"Now, now, Princess. Don't go thinking that because you're the daughter of a big CEO of some kind of big shot company and everyone attends all your needs all the time, that you can walk into in my bar and call the shots. I'm sure daddy has an incredible liquor storage for you to help yourself on."

Sick and tired of his constant talking back, she again grabbed her bag in her hand and stood up from her seat.

"As it appears, you are not interested in serving a paying customer. So I will just get out of your hair and spend all those precious dollars you assume I have at your biggest competitor next door."

From behind me, I could hear a deep sigh and a glass being placed on the bar.

"Just sit down and enjoy your drink."

Too frustrated with life in general, I didn't bother to comment on his customer service and turned on my heels, taking a seat by the bar.

I looked over to the drink placed in front of me, genuinely happy about the fact no one, but two shots of tequila were waiting for me to be slammed down my throat. And that's exactly what I was doing.

I took my wallet from my bag, taking out a one-hundred-dollar bill and slamming it on the counter.

"Keep them coming, please."

Luckily, the guy from behind the bar complied with my request, without any questions or comments.

An hour, and plenty of shots of tequila later, the bar was empty except for me and the bartender.

I stood up from my barstool or at least attempted to do it as I immediately fell to the ground. The entire bar was spinning and suddenly everything around me went black.

♡♡♡

I was woken up by a splash of water hitting my face.

"Wake up, sunshine!" a voice boomed from above me.

I slowly opened my eyes and I felt extremely disorientated and intoxicated.

"I don't know, nor do I care, what your problem is, but you sure can't stay here. So take a cab home or call your daddy to pick you up, but you need to leave, now."

"What a sourpuss!" I thought to myself but got up from the floor anyways.

I took my purse and stumbled to the door.

"Like hell, I will call that ass of a man. I will walk home!" I said before I walked out and slammed the door closed.