00| PROLOGUE

Within the labrynth's depth,

Exactly where the ancient curses, secrets and legends are kept.

A journey dark, where truth unfolds,

In tales of hauntings, legends old.

From ancient ruins to towering spires,

To ghost of tragedy, despair and desire.

Unsolved mysteries, tragic events,

In the heart of darkness, their essence vents.

So brace your heart, and steel your will,

As we explore these haunted hills. 

We've all grown up reading legends and fables about towering castles with glittery interiors. We've also grown up getting immensely fascinated by urban legends, murders shrouded in mysterious and when these two worlds meet, there's a collision of stars- or ghosts.

The world exist as a paradox and our architectural gems are no exception to this rule- Where there is beauty, there's also a dark side to it-With the monolethic wonderous temples of South India, to Egypt's Pyramids trying to reach the heaven with their triangular design with the hopes of the Pharoah navigating with ease into the afterlife. From Burg Eltz's Castle in Germany that is notoriously famous for the ghost of Countess Agness to none other than Bhangarh Fort of our beloved India. 

Our earth is dotted with marvels and wonders- sometimes these are fleets of engineering or pioneers of astounding design. But almost all of them are shrouded in curses, myths and urban legends. 

Beneath the veneer of civilization lies a world veiled in shadows, where the echoes of history whisper tales of horror and despair. Welcome, dear reader, to a journey into the depths of a never ending abyss—a non-fiction series that peels back the layers of time to reveal the haunting truths lurking within the walls of famous architectural landmarks.

Each week, join me, the architect-author, as we delve into the macabre underbelly of iconic buildings from around the world. These are not mere works of stone and mortar; they are repositories of unspeakable horrors and chilling legends, waiting to be unearthed.

Prepare yourself for spine-chilling tales of hauntings, where the restless spirits of the past roam freely amidst the decaying ruins. Brace for the shock of unsolved mysteries, their enigmatic riddles haunting the minds of those who dare to seek the truth. And steel your heart against the weight of tragic events, where the echoes of sorrow reverberate through the halls like a mournful dirge.

But heed this warning, dear reader: these are not works of fiction spun from the depths of imagination. No, these are real-life stories, drawn from the annals of history and urban legend. They are the whispers of the forgotten, the cries of the lost and the lingering echoes of those who have passed into the realm of the unknown.

So, gather your courage and prepare to step into the shadows, for within these pages lie the secrets of the darkest corners of the world—secrets that have long lain dormant, waiting for someone brave enough to uncover them. Welcome to the twisted reality of haunted landmarks, where the line between fact and legend blurs and the truth is more terrifying than anything you could ever imagine.

● ● ●

Copyright © florencekwater

Copyright © florencekwater. All rights reserved. No part of this work or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted without prior consent of the author.