Always be my baby

Sweeping up the last remaining bit of hair off the floor, I was in need of a hot shower and a soft bed. I did a total of 8 heads today, and to say I was tired is an understatement.

Gathering the rest of my things, I put on the soft cardigan that would provide me warmth on this cold night. As I locked the door to my salon, I was completely unaware of the large presence behind me.

When I turned around, I was met with the familiar face of my ex-boyfriend, if you can call it that. When I finally came down from the scare he gave me, I clicked the unlock button on my car and before I could even make a step, my name was being called.

Letting out a sigh, I slowly opened up my eyes and said, "What do you need?" Instead of an answer, I was greeted with silence, all I saw was the stupid grin on his handsome face.

I was truly puzzled as to why he was here. If I remember correctly, his words to me were, "Delete my number, delete all that shit. I ain't gay, and I never will be. I got a whole gal and a baby on the way. The next time I see you around here, I ain't gonna be so nice." He also said some other hurtful words, but that's some tea for another day.

"Look, Dave, I don't have time to play the staring game. I'm tired, my feet are about to fall off, and I need a shower. So, again, what do you need?"

"Aye, why you being like that towards me? I just came here to talk to you. You still mad about that stuff I said?" he asked teasingly.

"Dave, stop with the mind games and tell me what you need. I really don't have the time nor the patience for your dumb games."

"Alright, alright. You ain't been answering my calls, and you been avoiding me. You know I don't like that. I know we ain't on good terms right now, but I still care about you. I'll always be your old boy," he said genuinely.

"Dave, I'm gonna be real honest with you. You and I will never work out. One, you're on the down-low, and the fact that you're here conversing with me is one hell of a shock to me. Two, you have a whole baby and a girl that you should be tending to. If that's your way of apologizing, you can keep it, boo. I tried to be the best I could be for you, but apparently it wasn't enough. So, I say this in the best way I can – let me go and be the best father and boyfriend you can be. I can't keep doing this constant back and forth thing with you."

Kenyatta had known Dave since elementary school. At the time, Kenyatta knew nothing about the crush Dave had on him. Dave's way of showing his liking towards somebody was to bully them, so he bullied Kenyatta for years. Dave loved everything about Kenyatta, from his thick thighs to the way he would swerve those wide hips, his dark melanated skin, his big doe eyes, and his big natural thick lips.

Dave was indeed a womanizer, but when it came to Kenyatta, he would cross that bridge if it came down to it. Dave grew up in a toxic household; his father cheated and verbally abused his mom all the time, so that was all he knew. When he and Kenyatta became intimate, he would often push him away and say hurtful things, only to use his sweet words and alluring touch to get Kenyatta back.

Dave's cheating had finally caught up to him, and he found out he got his ex-girlfriend pregnant. He wanted to finally do right by her, so he knew getting Kenyatta out of the picture was the only way to do it. After the whole "I'm done with you" fiasco, Dave didn't feel like himself. He was happy that he had a child on the way, but being away from his one true love was like taking away a piece of him.

When Dave heard Kenyatta say "let him go," his whole body halted, and for once, he didn't have anything to say. He wanted to run and hug him and tell him to never speak those words, but he couldn't.

By the time his mind came back to reality, Kenyatta had his hand on his cheek. "Look, Dave, I will always love you, but you're simply not ready for me. I'm tired of being your secret, I'm tired of you going around having sex with random girls without a care about how I feel. I'm tired of your constant pushing me away. I don't need that in my life. Maybe one day the universe will see us together, but I can't. My heart can't take it anymore."

For the first time in a long time, tears had fallen onto Dave's cheek, and Kenyatta, being the person he is, used his soft thumb to wipe those sad tears away. Dave missed this; he missed his smell, his touch, but he knew Kenyatta was right. He needed to get his act together and figure out what he wanted.

"Yatta, I'm sorry for how I've been treating you. I didn't want to admit it, but you make me happy. You make the dark place in my mind go away. I feel at peace when I'm with you, but you're right. It's hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I like boys, more specifically, you. I know I never said this to you, but I really do love you. I know I have a hard way of showing it, but please don't give up on me. I can't do this without you. I need you, baby. I know we don't have to be in a relationship, but please don't shut me out. I don't know what I would do if you did," Dave said wholeheartedly.

"I won't, Dave. But remember what I said, be the best person you can be, not just for your family but for yourself. You've been through a lot, and I know it really takes a toll on your mental health, but you have things to live for, honey. I need you to be a good man for me, okay?"

Instead of verbally answering, Dave smashed his lips against Kenyatta's thick ones. The kiss was filled with heated passion. Dave's rough yet soft hands wanted to explore Kenyatta's thick body, but he knew he couldn't. When they finally released each other's lips, Kenyatta stepped back and gave Dave a knowing look, to which Dave responded with a head nod.

Dave watched as his lover walked away to his car, and he couldn't help the smile that came to his lips. He thought Kenyatta hadn't changed one bit since the day he laid eyes on him. When they both drove off, he went home with a growing passion. He knew they couldn't be together right now, but he wasn't going to give up on Kenyatta. Kenyatta would always be his baby, and nothing could change that.

 Kenyatta would always be his baby, and nothing could change that

Kenyatta
5,7

Kenyatta 5,7

Dave
6,6