Temptation Pt~2

Big booming music played loudly in the background as I mentally scolded my best friend for convincing me to come to this party. As I looked over the many bodies doing who knows what, I saw Kamiya grinding up against a tall Adonis of a man. A chuckle escaped my lips as I thought about how she knows how to have a good time.

I had a small drink in my hand that I would occasionally sip from as I watched her. I was always on babysitting duty whenever she convinced me to come out of the comfort of my home. My hips would absentmindedly move to the beat of the song. I so badly wanted to let loose and get out on the dance floor, but I didn't have time to deal with guys being upset that they were grinding against a curvy man. Oddly specific, I know, but it had happened before. My body could sometimes be a blessing and a curse.

Loud cheers of joy snapped me out of my thoughts as I saw people gathering around a very familiar face. Following behind the infamous Malachi, I saw a beautiful girl with a noticeably large Afro. She was radiant, to say the least.

It had been years since I encountered Malachi, and the fact that the universe seemed to want to have a go at me on this night was comical. Getting up from my chair, after squeezing through many bodies, I tapped my best friend to tell her I would be outside getting some air and if she needed me to call me.

I found myself in the unknown backyard of this unfamiliar house. The slightly chilled air started to hit my body, and I couldn't help but roll my neck around to relieve it of its tension. My time alone was rudely interrupted as a large body found its way next to me, and I knew it was the man of the hour.

Looking up at him, I could see that smirk that had lured me in all those years ago. I can't lie and say this man had gotten better with age. His locs were secured in a messy bun, and his outfit screamed expensive yet casual. His musky cologne invaded my nostrils, and I had to curse his good looks.

"You look good. I see you still smell good after all these years," he said.

"Thank you, Malachi. The same can be said about you. It's good you've been keeping yourself together."

A look of surprise could be seen on his face. I think he was expecting me to be hostile since our last encounter was far from nice. I let that go years ago. It took me a while to get over that feeling of heartbreak and depression, but it had to be done. I wasn't going to sit and mope over something I couldn't have.

"You're not mad about all that I said to you? I half expected you to slap the shit out of me. I ain't gonna lie to you, I'm shocked as hell," he said.

"Honestly, what you did messed me up. It took me almost a year and self-convincing to get rid of those feelings I had for you. The way you got me in bed and ditched me was really messed up. And the fact that you tried to treat me like I was some kind of whore did anger me once upon a time. But I'm good now. I see you're married, and I let bygones be bygones," I said genuinely.

"I never got the chance to apologize when I found out you dropped it. The thought haunted my mind for years, knowing that my words made you cry made me feel really shitty. That wasn't right, and you didn't deserve that. I don't like men, but there was always something about you. You're different, one of a kind. I can't lie and act like you didn't give me one of the best nights I ever had. When you left, it stuck with me for years. I'm using this chance to say I apologize from the bottom of my heart. You didn't deserve that. I put you through," he said sincerely.

"As I said before, it's all in the past. I forgive you. It's good to see that you're man enough to admit your wrongs. That's always good enough in my book. And with that note, I think it's time for me to go. I've got a hyper best friend who's probably seconds away from getting pounded into oblivion. Sorry for my straightforward words, but you get my drift."

As we both stood up, I was surprised when Malachi brought me into a soft hug. His cologne filled my nostrils, and his large frame covered my entire body. The hug seemed to last for hours, but it was a nice gesture. Looking up at those beautiful eyes, I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but he was a married man, and I don't break up happy homes.

As we both made our way back into the loud house, I could see my best friend still having a good time with the same man.

"Let's roll, boo. I'm getting tired, and it's time for uncle to go to bed," I said jokingly.

"Okay, come on, baby, let's go," she said rather loudly.

I knew she got the man's number, and I mentally laughed at that. She made sure she got the best looking man. I've got to give her that. As we made our way to the front door, I looked back to see those same eyes staring at me. I gave a small smile and wave, to which he replied with that smirk and cute wave.

Making it to my car, I went into my pocket, only to find my keys and an unfamiliar paper. Looking down at the small torn-up paper, it had a number on it. A loud laugh escaped me as I knew who it came from. He was still the same after all these years. Clearly, he had a lot of growing up to do, which he did. But I was glad we got some closure.

 But I was glad we got some closure

Kiron•

 Malachi•

Malachi•

Kamiya