Chapter 8

They had placed him in one of the interrogation rooms with a tablet he was meant to start writing down his statement on. Gavin had said he wanted to get Elijah something to eat and drink, but would be back shortly. While he was gone Elijah had started to write down what he remembered of that morning, being woken by Chloe and his house getting broken into, before his head just started to hurt far too much. He had taken a break and folded his arms across the table, resting his head on top of them as he tried to ease the pain. It wasn't working and he was starting to think he might actually need something for the pain.

Elijah picked his head up from his arms and leaned back, pushing the chair away from the table and carefully standing, feeling a tremble to his body as he pushed off from the table. Making his way around it he headed over toward the door and his head swam again, nearly sending him onto the ground. He caught himself on the wall, pressed his hand against the terminal which blinked red at him with a response of access denied.

Leaning back away from the door his back hit the wall beside it and Elijah slid down, bumping his head against the wall behind him. He really didn't feel well, and he was absolutely cursing his brother out in his head for leaving him here alone. He hears the click of the lock on the door and then it slid open, the sound of his brother's shoes on the tile floor as he stepped inside. He hears the steps stop and then the shifting of the person next to him as Gavin moves to kneel beside him.

"'Lij, what the hell are you doing?"

"My head hurts."

"So you're sitting on the floor?"

"Wasn't exactly intentional."

Gavin sighed and stood back up, carrying the food and drinks he had brought over to the table and placing them down. "Nathan, can you check him over?"

The RK900 moved to his side and crouched down beside him, running his gaze along his body before reaching his hand out and gently touching Elijah's forehead. "Mister Kamski is running a fever." Well that explained the dizzy feeling he was having. "I believe it's from his wound and the lack of food and fluids in him. Once we get him to eat something and some ibuprofen, he should be better."

"Alright, help me get him up." Nathan didn't need help getting Elijah up but he seemed to humor Gavin by allowing him to grab Elijah's other arm and get him up onto his feet. They put him back in the chair he had escaped out of and then his brother cracked a bottle of orange juice open. After swallowing down the pills Nathan got for him with the orange juice he looked at the food his brother bought and was trying to shove at him. A chicken sandwich, some fries, and a cookie. His stomach was absolutely turning at the idea of putting food in it, but they were probably right in that he needed to eat.

He reluctantly peeled the wrapper of the sandwich back and pushed it aside. "Where's Connor?"

Gavin snatched the tablet up and frowned at what Elijah had managed to get down so far. "With the Lieutenant closing the case. 'Lij, you need to get down more than just a couple sentences. I know this isn't easy but we're going to be here all night if you can't get your statement down. Any bit of information you can give us will help."

"I'm trying. Bit hard to write when your vision goes spotty and your head spins." He sighed and rubbed his forehead, dropping his hand down onto the table. "Gavin, how's Chloe?" That was about as much as he got written down, the morning and Chloe being held at gunpoint and tased. He was trying to get the rest of it all down, but it was slow going at best. The tablet told him it was nearly three in the morning too, so the exhaustion on top of everything else was getting to him. He knows they're all tired too and that they can't go home until Elijah finishes this, so he really was trying.