Chapter 11: that evening.

Glacier's POV:

It was lunch time. I, Alaska, Elsa, Scarlet annd Midnight were round a table when Raven and Anna came up. The younger girls sounded a bit annoyed.

"Hey, you guys," said Anna.

"Are you two okay?" Elsa asked.

"We heard about your form tutor," said Anna. "He sounds like a right old Bastard."

"I know, right?" I asked. "And a homophobic one of that!"

Both girls gasped. "How dare he do that to you guys!"

"I know," said Scarlet. "Poor Elsa got the most of it."

"He used my full name," sighed Elsa. "Told Mr Black that he wouldn't call me Elsa. But I don't answer to the full name."

"I know," Raven sighed.

"Do you girls want to sit with us?" I asked.

"But there's only six seats," said Raven.

"No matter," said Alaska.. "Me and Midnight are about to go!"

"Okay," said Anna.

"Where are you going?" I wondered.

"For a walk," said Midnight. "Wolfie feels a bit sicky, Glacier."

"Oh," I said.

"I'm okay," said Alaska. "Just my stomach."

I sighed. "Okay!"

They left the table and the two younger girls sat down.

"I'm sorry, Scarlet," said Anna. "I get how you feel, too! I lost my mother."

I gasped. "You didn't tell me that!"

"I forgot to say about it," sighed Anna. "But it was horrible. I don't want to go into it. Not yet."

"That's why she came to live with Kyla," said Raven. "It was recent, Glacier! That's why when we heard about yesterday night, Anna wasn't wanting to come out to see you girls."

"Oh, Anna," said Elsa. "I remember your mother."

"Same, here!" I said.

"I'm sorry to hear that," said Elsa. "She was so nice!"

"Agreed," I said.

"Oh, it's okay," said Anna. "It's been a few months. I can cope with it. It's Scarlet that needs the moral support. It's still fresh in her mind."

Scarlet sighed. "Thank you, Anna."

I noticed and put my knife and fork down.

"Maybe we shouldn't even mention those things at the moment, Anna." I felt calm. "Just because we have our favourite teacher later."

"Not Mr Jones, again?" Elsa sighed.

"I nodded. "Just ignore his comments, Els. He wants a reaction. Don't give him a chance."

"Don't promise," said my girlfriend.

Scarlet giggled. So did I and the younger girls.

***

I was on my laptop in our room. Button lay at my feet, snoozing. Her little grunting sounds were so cute. I finished what I was doing and saved it. It was performing arts work for MRS Iceland. God how I missed her as a tutor.

"Are you okay?" Asked Elsa who was on her desk, also working.

"Just thinking," I said truthfully.

"What about?" Elsa came over.

"How much I miss having MRS Iceland as our tutor," I said.

"I know," said Elsa. "She didn't even make one remark. I hope Mr Jones does leave."

I sent my work off and logged out of my laptop. Then I got up carefully so I didn't disturb Buttonn's dream and went over to my bed. I looked in Elsa's direction.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. "What was the reason you left?"

"He reminded me of a teacher from my first high school." Sighed my girlfriend. "That teacher was always hating on me. No one else. Just me!"

She came over to me.

"I hate teachers that do that, Glacie!" She sounded close to tears.

"Do you want to ring my dad?" I asked. "I'm sure he will hear of today!"

"No," sighed Elsa. "I'll be okay. Might take Button for a W A L K later."

"What?" I said. "On your own?"

"Yeah," sighed Elsa. "Sorry, Glace. I hope you understand. It's nothing you have done. It's just I want to be alone for a while."

"That's okay," I said. "I understand."

"Don't worry about me, honey!" Elsa hugged me. "I'll be okay."

"I know," I said. "Just that you are going to be alone. Anything could happen."

"If you are talking about my Mother and Emily," said Elsa. "They can't come here. MR Black has put extra security on the gates and doors this year."

I shrugged. "As long as you keep Button with you at all times."

"Okay," said Elsa. "If it makes you better."

I looked in the direction of of where Button was still snoozing. Butterflies were in my stomach. Anxiety was creeping through me.

————

A/N:

Poor Glacier. But she's okay.

So is Alaska.

Elsa isn't, however. Find out next time.

Wolfie out!