Filler/Bonus Oneshot (Read the A/N please /nf)

A/N: hihihi :333 soo... I'm sure you noticed my posts have been slowing down by a lot. I know I said in the description that I'd not have very frequent updates too much but still. Anyway, I won't be posting for a while probably. School is really stressful, so yeah. I'll try to post more after my graduation so yea. :3 So to make up for lack of posts, and to fill in those days I'll miss, here's a (very) small oneshot for you (in this oneshot, you're still a Tenma here as well — the only different thing is that in this oneshot you were friends with Rui in middle school but this oneshot takes place in the 'present' so yeah)

!! Warning(s): NeneKasa (Implied — Also sorry if you don't like NeneKasa, I personally love it myself but yeah), also really really really short but wholesome trust :3

P.S: You and Rui aren't dating yet here!!

.

The sunset was a mixture of pink, yellow and orange, glowing upon you and Rui as you sit on the rooftop together.

Rui was talking to you about some inventions he made for Wondershow, and you happily listened. You always loved listening to him talk. He always sounded so enthusiastic and ardent when talking about his inventions and that a huge thing you liked about him.

You were so focused on Rui's ebullient expression as he spoke blithely that you hadn't realized you ended up staring at him for quite some time. "[Y/N]? Is.. something on my face?" He asked.

"E-Eh?!" You flinched, snapping out of your trance, "uhm, no. I just zoned out, my bad." You murmured.

Rui paused momentarily, "I see."

"You look a little exhausted," Rui pointed out, "are you alright? Did you sleep last night?" He asked in a solicitous tone, concerned for you.

"Oh, uhm," you pause embarrassingly, "yeah, I didn't. I tried, but it was just.. difficult."

You sigh, with Rui just smiling awkwardly yet tenderly. "Well, sometimes you can't help it. Did you have something on your mind?"

Looking down, you just nod. "Yeah, but I'd rather not speak of it."

You wanted to tell Rui. It wasn't that you didn't trust him, you just couldn't because it was about him.

Rui seemed perturbed with your reply but let it go, knowing he shouldn't push you. "Well, if you say so."

You sigh once more but a little more soft, suddenly laying down on the bench and laying your head on Rui's lap. He looked down at you in bewilderment, calling your name. "[Y/N]?"

Going silent momentarily, you eventually deliver your response. "Sorry, I'm just tired."

Rui shook his head. "No, it's fine. I was just making sure you were okay."

When you closed your eyes, Rui took his hand and delicately ran his hand through your hair, making you open your eyes again. "Eh?"

You and Rui made eye contact with each other in silence. Eventually, you notice him gingerly grab your left cheek with his right hand.

"May I?"

Pausing for a second, you soon nod after processing his question and what he wanted... and you too.

Rui lowered his face, gently placing his lips on yours, then you both shut your eyes faintly. It wasn't a long kiss, but it wasn't too short. When you both pulled away and opened your eyes, you sat up leisurely and soon gave him another kiss in fluster.

You place your left hand on his right cheek, and Rui rests his right hand on your left cheek. Suddenly your eyes both widen, and you both pull away and let go upon hearing the rooftop door open. It was Nene and Tsukasa.

"Rui, were you and [Y/N] just kissing?" Nene asked, making Tsukasa look at Nene in surprise. "Wait what?!"

You and Rui just look away from each other. "How did you not see through the door window—? Wait, I forgot you're blind."

"C- C'mon! Is that really something you should say to me!? I am not blind!" Tsukasa sighed heavily. "Ugh, anyway... Were you guys actually kissing?!"

Both Rui and you go silent for a brief moment. "Uhm, y- yeah." You mumble.

"Told you." Nene said. "You're not gonna give [Y/N] a Dad speech, right?"

"Excuse me!? Why would I?" Tsukasa asked.

You chimed in the conversation. "You did with Saki once when you thought she was going on a romantic date. But I'm older than you by a minute or so, therefore it wouldn't really make sense to give me that speech."

"A- A minute, not a whole year!" Tsukasa sighed. "Whatever, you're right though..."

"So no dad-mode Tsukasa?" Nene teased Tsukasa, making you and Rui giggle.

"W-Wha— Excuse me?!"