CHAPTER 5

- Small A/N: Uhh Idk I feel like this isn't as well-written as the other chapters so sorry and don't be surprised if it really is badly written lmao (+ longer chapter aGAIN... 1,855 words...)

Eventually, when the bell rang, you, Rui and Tsukasa went back to homeroom. You were surprisingly in a better mood since lunch had oddly gone well.

You sit down in your chair, staring down at your table. You quietly tap your left pointer finger on it, lightly kicking your right leg back and forth as you wait for class to start.

Soon enough, your homeroom teacher walks in and starts talking. You weren't really listening, given you had spaced out, but you eventually heard some words from your teacher that had caught your attention.

"You'll be assigned partners for your project. You will designing anything of your choice, as long as it's school appropiate. It doesn't have to be complex, but then again please refrain from something a little too simple." Your teacher said.

Upon hearing this, you grow intrigued. Although you didn't think you had the most creative skills... You just hoped your partner had at least a little bit of an idea of what to do.

Your teacher paused momentarily. "I have already assigned you all partners. You're not picking your partners because I know by allowing you to do so, it'll be a choice I severely regret."

Right when you processed your teacher's words, it felt like your heart had suddenly stopped. Near immediately, you started panicking on the inside. There was the smallest chance you'd get put with Tsukasa.

Maybe you would be fine with Rui, but you mainly just hoped for Tsukasa since you were more comfortable with him rather than Rui.

Not too long after your little panic moment, your teacher began to read off the names of who's partners with who.

At around the third pair your teacher listed, you hear Tsukasa's name being called... But he was paired up with someone else. Your chest only tightens in anxiety because of this.

Near the end of your teacher listing names, you hear the teacher call your name and you immediately poke your head up at the teacher in nervousness. "[L/N] [Y/N].. and Kamishiro."

Your chest slightly felt lighter, but not entirely. Even if you didn't know Rui too well, you were just thankful it was someone you were at least somewhat familiar with.

"Now that I have listed every pair of partners, please arrange seats and get next to your partner. You'll spend the rest of class discussing any ideas you have. Any questions?" Your teacher spoke once they finished reading names.

Since nobody raised their hand, your teacher sighed. "Very well then. However if you have any questions, please reach out to me and I will answer them for you."

"Oh, and the project is due at the end of the month, AKA in a few weeks. Now please move your seats." Your teacher said before sitting down at their desk.

Eventually you feel Rui's presence walk towards you, sitting down in the chair next to you. You look at him. "Oh.. Sorry, I was about to move to where you were... but alright."

Rui chuckled softly. "I figured I should be the one to move. Also, don't worry— it's alright. No need to apologize."

"Ah, okay," you mumble, "anyway, uhm, do you have any ideas? I.. don't necessarily have any... u-uhm, right now."

"Oh, yes... I do have some ideas, however... there's a lot, so do you want me to tell you all of them still?" Rui asked.

You divert your eyes momentarily. "Uhm, yeah. You can, go ahead."