•꒰⁠⑅⁠ᵕ⁠༚⁠ᵕ⁠꒱⁠˖⁠♡

Chapter: 23

As the girl's menacing laughter echoed in the alleyway, I felt a surge of determination rising within me. This was my chance to prove my love for Ethan, to stand by his side in the face of danger and protect him from harm.

With a steady gaze, I met the girl's eyes, refusing to show any sign of fear despite the adrenaline coursing through my veins. "Who are you, and what do you want?" I demanded, my voice ringing with a newfound resolve.

The girl's smirk widened, reveling in the fear she was instilling within us. "Oh, you don't remember me, Ethan?" she taunted, her voice dripping with venom. "How quickly you forget the past."

Ethan's grip tightened on my hand, a silent gesture of reassurance as he faced his demons head-on. "I remember you, Selena," he said, his voice steady despite the turmoil raging within him. "But whatever grudge you hold against me, it ends here and now."

Selena's laughter echoed off the walls, sending shivers down my spine. "Oh, Ethan, you always were so naive," she sneered, taking a step closer. "You think you can just walk away from me, from everything we shared?"

I felt Ethan tense beside me, his jaw clenched in frustration. "What do you want from me, Selena?" he demanded, his voice tinged with anger. "Why are you here?"

Selena's eyes gleamed with malice as she advanced, her movements predatory. "I want what's rightfully mine," she spat, her voice dripping with hatred. "I want revenge for everything you've taken from me."

Before either of us could react, Selena lunged forward, a glint of metal flashing in her hand. Instinctively, I pushed Ethan out of harm's way, the blade grazing my shoulder as I stumbled backward, pain searing through my senses.

But even as I winced in agony, my focus remained on Ethan, on keeping him safe from the danger that threatened to tear us apart. With a cry of defiance, Ethan lunged at Selena, grappling with her in a desperate bid to disarm her and end the threat once and for all.

As they wrestled in the darkness, their struggles illuminated by the flickering streetlights, I fought to regain my footing, determined to aid Ethan in any way I could. With a surge of adrenaline, I lunged forward, grabbing hold of Selena's arm and wrenching the blade from her grasp.

But as I turned to face her, ready to confront her head-on, a sudden flash of pain exploded in my chest, knocking the breath from my lungs. I stumbled backward, my vision swimming as darkness closed in around me, the world fading into oblivion.

Through the haze of pain and confusion, I heard Ethan's voice calling out to me, filled with panic and desperation. "Lizz, no! Stay with me!" he pleaded, his hands shaking as he cradled my limp form in his arms.

As the darkness of unconsciousness enveloped me, I drifted deeper into the realm of dreams, where reality blurred and imagination took flight. In this surreal landscape, I found myself reliving the harrowing events of the alleyway, facing danger and confronting my fears alongside Ethan.

But just as the chaos reached its peak and the threat of danger loomed large, a glimmer of light pierced through the darkness, pulling me back to consciousness. With a gasp, I jolted awake, my heart pounding in my chest as I struggled to make sense of the disorienting transition from dream to reality.

As I blinked away the remnants of sleep, my gaze fell upon the familiar surroundings of my bedroom, the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains. With trembling hands, I reached for my phone, fingers fumbling as I dialed Ethan's number, the need for reassurance driving me forward.

"Ethan?" I murmured, my voice still thick with sleep as he answered the call. "Is everything okay?"

On the other end of the line, Ethan's voice came through, warm and reassuring despite the hint of concern. "Lizz, hey, yeah, everything's fine," he replied, his tone soothing. "Why do you ask?"

I let out a shaky breath, relief flooding through me at the sound of his voice. "It's nothing," I said, forcing a smile despite the lingering unease from the dream. "Just had a bad dream, that's all. I'm glad you're okay."

Ethan's response was immediate, his voice filled with genuine concern. "I'm here, Lizz. Always," he said, his words a comforting balm to my frayed nerves. "And I promise, I'll always protect you, no matter what."

As we exchanged a few more words, the remnants of the dream faded into the recesses of my mind, replaced by the reassuring presence of Ethan's love and the promise of a new day filled with hope and possibility. And as I hung up the phone, a sense of peace settled over me, knowing that no matter what challenges lay ahead, we would face them together, stronger than ever before.

                          (⁠•⁠ө⁠•⁠)⁠♡

Ethan stepped through the door, a smile graced his lips, his eyes alight with excitement and anticipation. "Lizz," he exclaimed, his voice filled with warmth, "pack your bags. We're going to Rome for our honeymoon."

I blinked in surprise, the suddenness of his announcement catching me off guard. "Rome?" I echoed, a mixture of disbelief and delight coursing through me. "But Ethan, we didn't even plan..."

Before I could finish my sentence, Ethan crossed the room in a few quick strides, enveloping me in a tight embrace. "I know we didn't plan it, but sometimes the best moments in life are the ones we least expect," he said, his voice soft and earnest. "And I want to make this moment unforgettable for both of us."

As the reality of his words sunk in, a wave of joy washed over me, filling me with a sense of excitement and anticipation for the adventure that lay ahead. "Okay," I said, a grin spreading across my face, "let's do it. Let's go to Rome."

With that, we set to work, hastily packing our bags and making last-minute arrangements for our impromptu trip.

___________________________________

Happy Reading!  & Sorry guys I was unable to post anything 🥺🤌🏻