Part 3 - The Shock of his Life

When he arrived there, his father asked him to prepare to hear the most shocking thing of his entire life. Heesung was left puzzled by those words.His dad said, "I should have told you earlier, but... I planned to say this on your 18th birthday, but that day something unexpected happened."

Heesung waited impatiently to hear what they were going to say. Suddenly, his mother also came in, and then his father began, "We wanted to tell you sooner, but we couldn't. First of all, we aren't your real parents. Your mother is dead. After that, your father committed a murder and was arrested. So we decided to raise you as our own kid because your mom was an old friend of mine."

It was too much for Heesung to process that he is adopted, his birth mother is dead, and his birth father is arrested for murder. He couldn't believe that his entire life had been a lie. He ran out of the building after hearing those words. He sat by a beach and tried to accept the truth, but it was too hard for him.He went home as it was too late. He finally decided to accept his fate. He went to his dad and asked, "You told me this because you want me to do something, now what do you want me to do?" His dad replied, "We just want you to know the truth; it is your choice whether to live with us or live with your dad."Heesung was left speechless.Heesung went to Inha's place and told him everything. Inha was shocked as much as Heesung. Heesung asked Inha what he should do now. Inha told him to do what his heart feels like. Heesung needed time to make a decision; just now, he got over the death of his loved one, and now another problem.

 Heesung decided to stay at Inha's place until he organized his emotions.Heesung went to work as usual. He didn't want to waste time simply sitting and burdening Inha. He went to work at his adoptive parent's place. He avoided them until he made a firm decision. Things were the same between him and his step-sister. His sister started dating a boy named Kang Isoo. She started dating just after Heesung's birthday. Kang Isoo used to be an old rival of Heesung because he used to spread weird rumors about him. He once said that Heesung was adopted. Heesung never believed him, but all he said was true. Heesung asked Ae Ri that he wanted to meet him. Ae Ri told him that she would ask Isoo to meet him.