NEW KID

"secrets are meant to be
hidden to protect something"

[ LUNA'S P.O.V ]

I hate school!

As I lay in bed, the piercing sound of my alarm fills the room, but I have long been awake, my mind already immersed in its own realm.

How pathetic that the alarm fails to disturb my peace, for I am already wide awake, contemplating the purpose of this institution called school.It is a prison for children, a place where we are subjected to the tedious lessons of teachers.

But what is the point of it all? To acquire knowledge? Tsk!

Today marks my first day as a transferred student in this so-called institution, but do not mistake my lack of enthusiasm for fear. I find no value in attending school, for I am more than capable of learning on my own, far away from the confines of this place.

With a deep breath, I finally pry myself from the comfort of my bed and make my way to the shower. The room is dimly lit, the black curtains blocking out the morning sunlight.

I can feel the coolness of the air against my bare skin as I step onto the wooden floorboards, each creak echoing through the room. The sound is a stark contrast to the silence that envelops me, emphasizing the solitude that I crave.

As I turn on the shower, the water slowly begins to flow, its warmth gradually enveloping my body. I close my eyes, savoring the sensation as the droplets cascade over me. The steam rises, creating a misty veil that shrouds the bathroom. The scent of lavender fills the air, mingling with the dampness and creating a sensory symphony.

Stepping out of the shower, the droplets cling to my skin like reminders of the mundane world I am about to reenter. I stand before the mirror, its surface reflecting a cold and detached persona. The room is adorned with black and white tiles, their patterns adding a touch of elegance to the otherwise stark surroundings.

The mirror itself is framed in silver, its edges gleaming in the soft light. I meet my own gaze, observing the sharpness of my features. My eyes, a piercing shade of gray, hold a glimmer of defiance. They are windows to the fire burning within me, a fire that refuses to be extinguished by the monotony of the classroom.

With a flick of my hand, I brush aside the doubts and uncertainties that threaten to cloud my mind. Today, I shall navigate the corridors of this educational prison with an air of detachment, observing the absurdity around me with a sense of detached amusement.

"Luna! Come down now, you're going to be late!" My mother's voice echoes through the house, calling me to face the day ahead.

Reluctantly, I fix myself and descend the stairs. The staircase is made of polished wood, each step smooth and steady beneath my feet. The walls are adorned with paintings, their vibrant colors contrasting with the darkness that permeates my being.

The scent of freshly brewed coffee wafts through the air, mingling with the aroma of breakfast. The kitchen is bathed in warm light, casting a soft glow on my mother's face as she greets me with a smile.

"Good morning, sweetheart," she chirps, her enthusiasm for my first day palpable.

"Good morning, mother," I reply, my tone dripping with coldness.

"Are you ready for your first day?" she asks, her excitement undeterred.

It feels as though she is the one embarking on this journey. I grab my chair and position it before sitting down.

"No," I boldly declare, my words laced with defiance.

"Sweetie, you're going to be okay, trust me," she reassures, leaning in to kiss my forehead.