PROLOGUE

INT. AUTHOR'S STUDIO - DAY

The room is suffused with an air of tension as Luna Hawthorne sits in her chair, her gaze cold and penetrating. Lily Hilton, full of enthusiasm, tries to persuade Luna to cooperate with the interview.

LUNA
(irritated)
Why do we need this interview, again?

LILY
(excitedly)
Well, Luna, it's our chance to promote our book, "Highschool Tale: Adventure in the Halls." We get to share our story with the world!

Luna's eyes narrow as she leans forward, her voice dripping with disdain.

LUNA
(mockingly)
Promote "our" book? You mean the author's book? We're simply characters woven into the author's twisted imagination.

AUTHOR
(trying to defuse the tension)
Well, Luna, it's true that you and Lily are characters in the book, but this interview is an opportunity for readers to get to know you both better.

Lily interjects, her voice filled with determination.

LILY
(earnestly)
That may be true, Luna, but the more we engage with the readers, the more they will be drawn to our fascinating story. We can help bring the world of "Highschool Tale: Adventure in the Halls" to life.

Luna rolls her eyes, clearly unimpressed.

LUNA
(frustrated)
Fine, if it will satisfy your incessant need for attention, Lily. Let's get this over with.

AUTHOR
(relieved)
Thank you both for your cooperation. I believe this interview will be a stepping stone in creating a deeper connection between the readers and your characters.

Luna and Lily exchange a wary glance, their contrasting personas adding an intriguing layer to the unfolding story.

AUTHOR
(interviewer)
Welcome, Luna and Lily, again, to this... unconventional interview. It's a pleasure to have both of you here today.

LUNA
(coldly)
Pleasure is hardly the word I'd choose. Lily, against my better judgment, insisted I participate.

LILY
(excitedly)
Come on, Luna! It'll be an adventure, just like those stormy nights you love so much!

Luna sighs, her icy gaze fixated on the the interviewer.

AUTHOR: Wonderful! Let's start by delving into your unique personalities. Luna, you possess a cold way of speaking. Could you elaborate on that?

LUNA
(Raises an eyebrow)
My way of speaking reflects the strength and resilience I've developed over the years. I choose my words carefully, ensuring they strike with precision. It's a defense mechanism, a shield against the vulnerabilities of the world.

AUTHOR
I see. And Lily, your jolly way of speaking is quite the opposite. What's the story behind that?

LILY
(Beaming)
Oh, it's quite simple, really! Life is too short to be serious all the time. I believe in spreading joy and laughter wherever I go. My words dance with enthusiasm, painting a colorful picture of positivity and happiness.

LUNA
(Rolls her eyes)
You make it sound like a circus.

LILY
Well, life is a circus, Luna! And we're the performers!

AUTHOR
Fascinating. Now, Luna, I've heard that you have a fear of flowers. Can you explain why?

LUNA
(Crosses her arms)
Flowers are delicate and fragile, much like the vulnerabilities I despise. Their beauty masks their inherent fragility, and I find it unsettling. It's a reminder that even the most enchanting things can wither and fade.

AUTHOR
And Lily, I understand you have a fear of bugs. Care to share your perspective?

LILY
(Shivers)
Oh, bugs! They're just so creepy and crawly! I can't stand the thought of them scurrying around. They give me the heebie-jeebies! I prefer the gentle touch of a butterfly or the buzz of a friendly bee.

LUNA
(Smirks) Lily screams like a banshee whenever she sees a bug.

LILY
(Playfully nudges Luna)
Oh, hush, Luna! You're just jealous of my bug-free world!

AUTHOR
Moving on, Luna, you have an affinity for storms. What draws you to them?

LUNA
Storms embody power and chaos, a force that cannot be tamed. They mirror the turbulence within me, a reminder of the strength I possess. There's a certain beauty in the thunderous clashes and electrifying energy.

AUTHOR
And Lily, I've heard you have a fondness for spring. What captivates you about this season?

LILY
Ah, spring! It's a time of renewal and rebirth. The world awakens from its slumber, bursting with vibrant colors and fragrant blossoms. It's a season of hope and new beginnings, where possibilities bloom like flowers in the sun.

LUNA
(Muttering)
It's all rainbows and sunshine in Lily's world.

LILY
(Laughs)
Luna, you need to embrace the beauty around you!

AUTHOR
(curious)
Indeed, Lily. Now, let's explore the territory of your mutual loathing. Tell me, what is it that both of you despise the most?

LUNA & LILY
(Simultaneously)
School.

Their eyes meet, a shared exasperation evident in their gazes.

AUTHOR
(raised eyebrow)
Ah, a unanimous detestation. The infamous institution of academia. And now, if you will, Luna and Lily, please enlighten us about the book you're promoting, "Highschool Tale: Adventure in the Halls."

Luna leans back, her voice dripping with a chilling elegance.

LUNA
(disdainfully)
"Highschool Tale: Adventure in the Halls" invites you to wander the hallowed corridors of high school, a labyrinth of secrets and shadowed truths. Unveil the chilling enigmas concealed within the lockers and immerse yourself in the sinister intrigue that lurks beneath the surface. Beware, mortals, for this tale shall imprint nightmares upon your very soul.

Lily stifles a laugh, nudging Luna playfully.

LILY
(teasingly)
Don't mind Luna's theatrics, dear readers. "Highschool Tale: Adventure in the Halls" is an exhilarating YA novel that weaves together mystery, friendship, and a touch of the supernatural. It's a gripping rollercoaster ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat from the opening page until the climactic finale.

AUTHOR
(fascinated)
A captivating blend of chilling elegance and youthful escapades. Thank you, Luna and Lily, for gracing us with this... tumultuous interview. I wish you both the best of luck with your book.