Ch 20

lost_soul09 I hope you don't mind or hate this version.

Time's POV
The next day was very hectic. Leon's schedule was tightly packed for the entire week. I had breakfast with my children at home and then the rest of the day I took care of Leon, the usual manager stuff. When I got back home from work, I wanted to do nothing but sleep. When I entered the house I saw Jai and Sol watching a cartoon along with War.

I quickly took a shower and made dinner. War went back after having dinner with us.

I was doing the dishes when Jai came to me and said, "Pho look what we found!"

I turned to see Sol holding a necklace in his hand. It was that necklace, with Leo's name engraved on it. Sol spoke, "Pho, who is Leo whose name is written here? Is it aa Leo that we met yesterday?"

"Yes. Please give it to me." I bent down and took it from his hand. After doing the dishes I put them to sleep even though it wasn't their bedtime yet because I was so tired I needed rest. And maybe they sensed it too so they didn't object when I put them to bed before their bedtime.

I went to my room and my body instantly fell on the bed. I took what Sol gave me back then in my hand.

It has Leo's name on it... The Leo I used to love very much... We have been friends since childhood...

I didn't know when I fell asleep.

The week passed and it was Friday. A very hectic week indeed. And Leon still had more work on the weekend. Then I remembered something. I had invited P'Pob to my house this weekend. But I don't think I will have time for that. So I called him.

"Hello?"

"Hello, P'Pob. This is Time."

"Oh hey, Time. Is there something you wanted to ask me or tell me?"

"Yeah. Actually, I will be busy this weekend with work."

After a pause, he spoke, "Okay, then. I won't bother you by coming over."

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience. But I want to invite you to my kids' birthday party this Wednesday. Will be able to make it?" I realized what I just said must sound a bit weird. So I quickly added, "War and the kids will love it if you come."

"Sure."

I had been planning this day for months. Jai and Sol's shared birthday. It was on Wednesday. I had already invited all their friends. Most of the arrangements had been made. What decorations to use, where to put what, what to make for starter, main course, and dessert. Everything had been planned. I wanted to make this day very special for them.

It was also the day Alina died. Back in the village we used to visit her grave every year on this day. But we weren't there anymore. The village was too far away so we couldn't do it this time. That's why I want it to be special for them.

I wanted to invite P'Pob to the party in person when he came to our house this weekend. But it wasn't possible anymore, so I invited him over the phone. I wanted P'Pob to come as I wanted everyone connected to my past to be there. He had called me Fiat back then. I don't know how he is connected. I just know he is.

I also wanted to invite Leon, his mother, and his brother, Leo. But I couldn't get the chance to do so at all this week. I won't give up though. I still have time, I'll surely invite them.

Saturday, Leon had to shoot for a magazine. Then another photoshoot, this time for a brand. Then there was an interview he had to do, to promote the brand. We go back to his house after yet another hectic day. It's late in the evening. I wanted to just grab my bag and leave. But his mother stopped me. She asked me to have tea with them. I was reluctant as I had to go back home to my kids but I also wanted to stay. They were my family in the past, and still are, but for them I am dead. Fiat is dead.

I agreed. There was Leo and a man already sitting. Leon took the seat beside his brother and his mother took the other seat. I took the seat in the corner. I wondered who that man was. I looked at him, a bit confused. Leon's mother may have sensed that and spoke first, "Time, this is my husband and Leon and Leo's father. He just came back from abroad."

"Oh. Nice to meet you, sir."

He spoke, "You don't need to call me sir. Just call me pho."

"O-okay." I was a bit nervous. But I didn't stutter because of that. I stuttered because I had a flashback right then. I saw this man. It wasn't like the previous flashbacks, I only saw his face. Just his face and that's it. I had seen him before.

"Son, you don't look okay. Are you alright?" His mother asked me.

"Yes, I'm okay. It's just that I'm tired."

"Must have been a long day."

Then there was silence. His entire family was present there. I took the opportunity. I also wanted to end the silence as it was getting awkward. "Are you all free this Wednesday?"

"Why?" Leo asked.

"It's my kids' birthday. So, I wanted to invite you all."

"That's very considerate of you, son. We'll think about it." His mother replied.

I nodded. It was awkward. What do I do now? Well, I could only stay silent.

I finished my tea and decided to take my leave.
"How are you getting home?" His father asked.

"I'll take a cab."

"But it's not safe travelling alone so late in the evening. This is a big city..." This time it was his mother.

"I'll tell a driver to drive you home." His father said.

"But pho, all the drivers have already left," Leo told his father.

"So, you drive him home." His brother told him.

"Why me?" He asked.

"Come on phi, I just came back. Can't you do this much for your brother?" He made puppy eyes.

Leo's face looked like he was fed up. "I didn't ask you to do it. I just asked why me." He sighed. Then got up and told someone to give him a car key which he got immediately. "Are you going to keep on standing or what?" He said to me and went outside.

I thanked his family and followed behind him. Huh? How did this even happen? They decided how I was going to get home without even asking me a single thing.

I sat in the passenger seat and Leo started to drive. I wanted to ask him so many questions. How was I like before? What type of a person I was? What did I study, if I did? I wanted to tell him about my memory loss, about the flashbacks, but I couldn't.

So I decided to ask him the most simple question, "Are you going to come this Wednesday?"

"Where?"

"To my children's birthday party." Where else?!

"This Wednesday is Fiat's birthday as well."

"Mine too," I said before I could think, and now it was too late. He looked shocked. I regret saying it. To make it sound more sensible, I added, "I mean, I like to consider my children's birthday my birthday as that was when I found a reason to live." Well, part of it was true.

"Oh." Silence. None of us spoke until we reached my place. I said, "The kids will love it if you come. They liked you very much." and left.